Borehole Casing

• Dlovan123
  • Dlovan123's Avatar Topic Author
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #2282 by Dlovan123
Dlovan123 created the topic: Borehole Casing
I have a question and i would like to know, every suggestion possible that you guys can think of :) :) .
2. What should be used for our casing as the mission is on a budget.
3. I have thought of making a casing out of titanium which could be a mesh that can expand when in the borehole.

Any suggestions i would love to hear and would help me alot.
Thank you guys
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Dlovan123.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
1 year 10 months ago #2307 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Borehole Casing
Sorry I did not reply to this posting sooner, I simply hadn't spotted it & so many newer postings are selling this that & the other here now (although they'll be no buyers here for there products as there are very few people reading them here, sadly)

Titanium would i image be a good choice if needed? but laying such a protective casing my be problematic? you don't want such a mesh untangling whilst heading down there so i wonder if LM1 might simply just send these data chips down there sealed within their own miniature cases without a general borehole casing? which clearly would add more cost & more weight to the mission.

But i'm glad there's someone else out there that has put a question with regards to this FANTASTIC mission out there.

I am still hoping LM1 might lead to something extraordinary...a joint mission someday concerning a BASE at Shackleton Crater :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dlovan123
  • Dlovan123
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
More
1 year 10 months ago #2310 by Dlovan123
Dlovan123 replied the topic: Borehole Casing
Hi Its okay better late than never :) .
What problems do you think we would have with the casing.
I was wondering also do we actually need borehole casing like we do on Earth. I have done alot of research on the moon, i think i am gradually coming to a conclusion that we might not actually need a casing as the rocks are meant to be hard. however maybe on the surface we would need something.
Also what do you think of 3D printer put on the drill bit sort of how they spray resin when they drill?

Could you also let me know why you think that we might not need casing
Thank you so much for the reply
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #2332 by Paul Conway
Yes it might be that we will not need such a casing?
If simply dropping off these data chips off into the borehole then there is no real need, however, as I understand it, LM1 (to their credit) would also like to examine the make up of the MOON at certain depths & for that they may well need such a casing to reinforce it? if it could correctly be laid? then such a titanium mesh casing without it untangling & blocking up the hole (this will clearly be done in testing if needed?) might be the way to go?
If I had to guess right now...I would say they'll forgo this and hope it's sturdy enough to bring samples to the surface.

Those 3D printers are getting awfully clever & cheap now, I saw some on the web at affordable prices (they used to be £3,000 but are down to around £500-1,000) this Christmas & although that's still out of the reach of most people these prices will drop but I don't think they'll be any real need for such a thing on our lander, unless you can explain more?
The added weight I think would best be served used on other exploration devices...perhaps the very first airborne drone on the MOON? although it would take some figuring out but I like the idea of this as so long as it could be charged & had a decent flight life it could be endlessly recharged & used? showing different areas in & around Shackleton's Crater.

I'd like to see a number of 1st's from Lunar Mission One...

The fist Data held on the Moon
The first DNA (like this) held on the Moon (of course there's the astronauts DNA up there somewhere ADDED to THIS I hope...
The fist to drill beyond the current best (which I believe is around 2 metres down?) we'll be going FAR deeper & who knows what we'll find?
The first up loadable & of course downloadable SELFIE on the Moon perhaps with Earth in the Background (would bring in extra income)
The first mission to perhaps show us a landing on the Moon in VR 360 ?
And although I am not too keen on this next suggestion really (as a purist) it may be needed for this mission to be a goer? and that's...
The fist Advertising on the Moon...this could actually be used by the selfie screens & pop out camera's? or something even more unique (should certainly attract some of the BIG companies you'd have thought wishing to do something different (SPACE) & a first?)

You will probably know I post a lot here about UFO's & things I've seen, witnessed or discovered (my younger self would be doing cartwheels of joy had he known he would be seeing such things!) but what is bugging me are those shapes on PLUTO which I can't get past, so if your still reading this Dlovan I would appreciate any thoughts on them? assuming you've seen the pictures I posted?

The rocky outcrop upon Pluto seemed like a strange looking rock formation to start with but as you take a closer look at this place you do see that there are simply way too many strange & different shapes there that I cannot for the life of me see how Pluto could have made naturally NOT all of these looking like this & although I have opened myself up to possible ridicule here I just had to post what it was i was seeing & that is that they DO NOT look natural to me! which can only bring me to one conclusion which is quiet frankly INCREDIBLE.

However, as your the first to post anything of note in a really long time concerning this mission I would like to hear from you on this? if you'd be so kind (I don't even mind if you disagree, although I would like any explanation as to why you think they are natural looking structures?) so even if you think it is possible that such a large collection of strange structures & shapes could be a natural occurrence? I don't mind, it's just that I am damn near 100% certain now that this is something extraordinary on PLUTO that has not been disclosed, certainly I've never seen some of those shaped created naturally but I would like to hear from others such as yourself? even if not interested please just take a look at them and give me a brief idea of what you might think, THANKS.
Last Edit: 1 year 10 months ago by Paul Conway.
  • Dlovan123
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
More
1 year 9 months ago #2395 by Dlovan123
Dlovan123 replied the topic: Borehole Casing
Damn just looked at the pictures. Sorry for the late reply.
Those pictures do look weird but am not sure if there can be life on Pluto. Anyways even if there were anything like this we would not be told about it. So i try not to bother because i think if we get too deep into this subject we can get in trouble. Have you seen the live feeds from NASA? and also how it cuts out just when something weird appears in the background. I also don't think we are alone, but to find what we are looking for we need to advance more with technology that we have.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
1 year 9 months ago #2423 by Paul Conway
Hello Dlovan (you got a first name?)

No worries about the late reply, sorry i'm so late at replying but I am so caught up in this subject that I just forgot about this section & didn't notice you'd replied until now (as I usually go straight to the General Chat section)

Thanks for taking a look and commenting on the pictures...appreciate it & i'll take weird :cheer:

I think they are a little more than weird, I think they are UNNATURAL which if ever proven could only been ONE THING & it's a BIGGIE that there is someone or something either on PLUTO or at one time has been.

I agree that we (as in the normal general public) cannot be sure there is LIFE on PLUTO right now but I have got to say that if (as I) you believe these shapes, objects & structures up there have been actually made? and I have never seen such things made naturally, not this many & so close to each other & with so many different shapes then I do believe there was at one point in time someone or something there to create these.

As for the subject in question, well too late for me i'm afraid, I have always been interested in the subject but things took a turn when I joined LM1 and then witnessed (of a sort) not 1, 2 but 3 strange objects in the sky...you may have read of the first which my father & I didn't actually see on the day (no one there did) it's one of those in which they could not be seen but were captured by our camera's, later I saw the strangest object in the sky I have ever seen (the black strangely shaped craft that if you have heard of the BLACK KNIGHT? I would say looked like it) and then only 3 months or so ago both my sister & I saw in the Night Sky what started off looking like a star but one which was moving! (not a plane, bird, airship or anything like) it eventually stopped & we swear it shone beams of light out as if it knew we were watching...WONDERFUL & better than any Fireworks Display.

So yeah I've disappeared down this rabbit hole & shall not be coming back anytime soon :)
I've seen too much, read too much & now witnessed a good few things which points me in the direction that they are all around us (monitoring) either that or they're ours just far more advanced than we could ever imagine.

Oh and yes I have indeed seen the Live ISS NASA feeds and your right things from time to time do show (have seen a good few myself which are so clearly some kind of craft) which as you say NASA cuts!

Your also correct in not being told about such things but the BIG QUESTION is why? is it for personal advancement to the powers that be? or greed? if so how SAD, if for defence reasons I could half understand it, although, the Human Race has a whole (as far as I know) has never been seriously threatened by them.

It's a shame really because if as I suspect they do exist & are closer than most of us think then the things we could learn from them to help us set the World to Rights.

You might be interested in my more recent postings on PLUTO showing not this remarkable outcrop but rather the object on the outskirts of it (probably approx. 15 miles away from it) it's NO ROCK, that thing has been made & is almost certainly (IMHO) some form of TRANSPORT.
Also posted a piece on MARS and a possible civilization on there once upon a time but which sadly appears to be no longer? what happened to them? well I found a number of interesting items that I think shows in one part that a somewhat old fashioned type of rocket may have devastated an area on MARS, I realise it's a bit out there but I have to say the things out will BLOW OUR MINDS when we finally venture out properly with fully co-operative explorations of the Solar System & as you say when the time comes close to light travel which would get us to that TRAPPIST-1 system (7 EARTH LIKE PLANETS) :cheer: