• Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #711 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa created the topic: Through Cloud We See Our Earth
In anticipation and leading up to the inaugural Lunar Mission One Supporter Event at the Royal Institution in London to be held Saturday 30th May 2015, I will post a special preview of new artwork for supporters, here on the forum each week.

Through Cloud We See Our Earth presents our earth from space where luminous and vibrant life spreads far beyond its boundary:

www.lunarmission.gallery/throughcloudweseeourearth.html

- the image above is an extract from Through Cloud We See Our Earth -

Note that if you travel away from the page above you'll not see a link back to it from the main gallery - you get to see it before anyone else! In all, four new works first linked to from here will be released for the general public on 30th May to coincide with the Supporter Event.
Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveC, Abi, Fozia, Doug, Paul Conway, Stavy
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago #725 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Through Cloud We See Our Earth
A Peak through the clouds & I'm sure I could see peaks of mountains there too :-)
Different & I LOVE this PLANET.
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #726 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Through Cloud We See Our Earth
Some amazingly beautiful places on Earth.

My other signature is much better than this one!
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #727 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: Through Cloud We See Our Earth
Agreed - Also are some absolutley amazing sights that bless this planet. Solar Eclipses, Lunar Eclipses, Aurora. What a planet we live on!

@JP_Astronomy
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 8 months ago #736 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Through Cloud We See Our Earth
Hi Paul, Martin and James, it's great to read such positive sentiments expressed about our home world - it is such a beautiful, fragile place... Perhaps if we're lucky, we'll all get the chance to gaze at the earth from orbit one day - I hope so. In the meantime, and as you all say, there is so much to enjoy and discover right beneath our feet.

Something I often do is to take a camera to a familiar place, and to only snap images within a 5 meter radius from where I decide to stand - that forces me to open my eyes. I look up, down, close and far, and if I'm patient, every time, without fail, I find something unexpected through the lens, something I had no idea was there, right under my nose...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fozia
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #742 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: Through Cloud We See Our Earth
It is such a shame this Planet is being destroyed. I am hopeful Human's will get it under control soon, using less Fossil Fuels and going Solar.. At the end of the day... It's free energy

@JP_Astronomy