When did you learn to love space?

More
3 years 7 months ago #1147 by ChristinaAstin
ChristinaAstin replied the topic: When did you learn to love space?
Inspirational teacher! So inspirational in fact that not only did he teach us O level astronomy in his spare time, but I followed in his footsteps and became a physics teacher myself. Now, after 22 years of teaching I am passing on the passion by teaching and advising teachers.
First WOW moment was looking at Jupiter and the 4 biggest moons through a telescope after camping out for several nights and waiting for the clouds to clear.
Proud to be a member of the Education team on LM1 and looking forward to gathering ideas and research from school students worldwide through the Young Scientists Journal which I founded and mentor. We have already published a lot of articles on space - all written and edited by school students. www.ysjournal.com . Feedback from fellow Clubbers welcome!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, Doug
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 7 months ago #1153 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: When did you learn to love space?
Oh Yes Christina i remember when i first saw Jupiter through my telescope and your right it was a truly WOW moment...you somehow just can't believe it!
I think i only caught the two moons around at the time...But could you imagine being in orbit around one of these big gas giants for real?