Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May

More
3 years 7 months ago #1010 by David@Marlena
David@Marlena replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Hi Mike - Great to see one of your pieces on display at the event in London yesterday. Was hoping to see you standing somewhere near it so I could say hello!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1011 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Hi David, it's great to hear you had such a positive day :) I'm sorry to have missed you and your family - we'll have to make sure we meet up next time!

My intention was to gift the work to The Lunar Mission Trust quietly to mark what I considered an important milestone in the project's life, however the team placed the piece in quite a prominent place - which was a great compliment! I hope people enjoyed seeing the work in the flesh. If you didn't make it to the day you can see the work online .
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
More
3 years 7 months ago #1013 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Hi Mike, great pic of yourself, david Iron and one of your paintings, on Twitter B)
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 7 months ago #1014 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
That couldn't possibly be me! David was very generous with his thanks to all those involved. Despite being very busy on the day I was struck by how open and attentive he was with everyone he came into contact with.
  • Stavy
  • Stavy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #1021 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Hi all,

Had a great time, and got to spend some time with with Chris, Steve C, and Mike. So thank you guys!

I have taken some photos and i'll write up a little report when I can get this pesky work thing out of the way.

Pleased to see Matthew, who we met at the event, has come along and posted his amazing photo of the moon over the mosque as he promised!

David... were you the ones with the young man who asked a question at the end in the light coloured teeshirt?

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • Angela Lamont
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • LM1 Founding Trustee
More
3 years 7 months ago #1027 by Angela Lamont
Angela Lamont replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Mike, It was wonderful to meet you - here's a pic for you :o)

Wisdom is what you realise to be true about 20 years after someone older and wiser tried to tell you...
Attachments: