LM1 App Ideas

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #525 by SteveC
SteveC created the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Hey Everyone

Was sitting down with my sammich and some cheese and onion crisps and had some ideas for possible apps. These are some educational, some fun fun apps and anything in between.

Educational
Virtual Antikythera mechanism app - Cross-disicple app including history, metalurgy, astronomy, astrology.
Historical Moon - Mankinds relationship with the moon and how it has shaped our lives socially, artistically and physically.
Interactive Lunar Map - Not sure how much data we have on the moon and all the craters and where they all came from, probably not much. But a map with all their names on and any pertitent information might be useful.

Misc
Moon Phase Calendar App: - As suggested in the LM1 Mechandise post, could include eclipse data
LM1 RSS Feed- Or something similar
Lunar Mission 1 Screen Saver - A dynamic map that includes sesimic and geologic data collected from the LM1 actual sensors
Lunar BOINC - New function added to BOINC to analyse the data recovered from the moon.

Fun
Lunar Lander 1: - Land the spaceship on the moon with various terrains making it difficult to navigate to the landing zone and land
Lunar Tetris:- Like tetris but with moons/stars instead of blocks
Lunar Defender: Save your moon colony from meteorite attacks

Alas lunch time is now over and have to get back to work but let me know what you think of the ideas and feel free to discuss, comment on mine, contribute more if you have any of your own. :cheer:

I will do SCIENCE to it.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by SteveC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela Lamont
More
3 years 8 months ago #526 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Hi Steve, theres a very good app for iOS called 'Moon Globe' which I highly recommend. Also in that series, is 'Mars Globe' if you're interested. I think he basic version is free for you to try. :)
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #528 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Hi Abi,

Have you got the basic or pay for version of moon globe?

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
3 years 8 months ago #530 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Hi Martin, Ive got the basic of both, they're great!
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #546 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Hmm not sure about apps myself. Especially anything like games they could end up pouring significant money into a mediocre game with only the LM1 die hard fans who would actually buy it. I'd rather they just if anything made an app for news such as progress, store updates discounts, forum updates etc. The app could push notifications to the device (whether you launched the app recently or not) and just keep people updated with recent developments. The app could also include forum access. Ability to login, create threads, post comments, edit profile etc. And there you have it. Multiple apps for this that and those will just become confusing IMO and an unnecessary expense.

One nice polished and official LM1 app to give notifications and access the forum and store all especially designed for small devices is all that's needed. And compatibility with Droid as well as IOS. Windows phones would be nice too (I own one its the best I've ever had) but not many use them so the two big ones are most important.

Could even make it free or a very small cost. If it would be expensive only the die hard LM1 fans such as club members would buy it. Free access means many more will download it and receive important notifications which could lead to sales.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
More
3 years 8 months ago #558 by SteveC
SteveC replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Hey Abi

Thanks for those, its such a shame I dont have an iOS device to run them on. :oops: I did a quick googalizing of them and from the screenshots I saw they look pretty good.

I will do SCIENCE to it.