Cool space videos/music/content....

More
3 years 8 months ago #90 by Alex W
Alex W created the topic: Cool space videos/music/content....
Remember people swapping links to interesting space-related videos etc over in the kickstarter comments. Thought it would be nice to continue that on here - seeing as the internet is so vast we're unlikely to have seen it all already!

Here's one that has particularly grabbed me (which I think one of you linked to originally...):
Wanderers - a short film by Erik Wernquist - https://vimeo.com/108650530

Anyone got anything else to share?

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts" - Richard Feynman
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #95 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Cool space videos/music/content....
That's a great idea Alex.

Enjoy Abiogenesis, a breath-taking short film by Richard Mans about transformation. With sound design by Justin Doyle, Michelle Child and Dave Whitehead and music by Rhian Sheehan:

vimeo.com/103389185
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi
More
3 years 8 months ago #113 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Cool space videos/music/content....
I have been asked a question via the moderator button regarding this thread. Unfortunately we don't have a private messaging facility on here at the moment, ( I have asked but don't know if it will happen) so I will answer on here, without naming names.

I think it is ok to post links to outside work that is made available to the public by the creator already, as long as it is hosted legally, and shared freely, and full credit goes to the creator/owner of the work, and others are not profiting from that work. Passing such work off as your own, hot linking without permission or failing to give the creator credit is a no no and and any such posts will be removed and the poster warned, doing it again could earn you a ban.

/witches hat :)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 8 months ago #138 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Cool space videos/music/content....
Hi Stavy, oops! I've been in conversation with the animator in the past about his work and I guess I had the fruits of that discussion in my mind when I posted. I've removed the link as I appreciate there's a potential copyright issue I had previously understood was already dealt with.

You're right of course - ensuring the originator or work is credited appropriately is something I've thought long and hard about. I'm usually careful when I link to work in that I check the source material is published by the originator (it's their Vimeo, YouTube or website publishing the material) and if I'm not entirely certain about some of the content I'll contact the originator directly about permissions. As a matter of courtesy I also contact the originator as they're usually very happy to see where their work is being linked to. The difficult issues tend to arise when multiple originators are involved.

So, in summary, if we link to external content we need to ensure as best we can the originator is credited, and the content is sourced appropriately.
More
3 years 8 months ago #140 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Cool space videos/music/content....
Thanks Mike, I was hoping you would help clarify, knowing that this is an issue that effects you directly. You put it much better than I could.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]