• Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 7 months ago #1064 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
For those following this thread, I've made a significant update to my previous post which comments on the current presentation of the LM1 Labs, and invites the community to add their own views:

lunarmissionone.com/index.php/forum/gene...s.html?start=12#1062
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1067 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Hi Mike,

Here's part of one of the first posts by LM1 Admin on this forum, which might be of some help in explaining the perceived tie-in between the forum and labs (once the latter are up and running).

We also want to see the community use the forum to come together and formulate proposals in public for specific projects they want to get going. Once you have a group of people you want to work with, and a project you want to work on, why not move on up to the Lunar Missions Labs platform where you can develop it further? It may even be adopted by Lunar Mission One!

The full post is viewable here

launch.lunarmissionone.com/index.php/for...s/2-house-rules.html

Now as to how relevant ideas/projects mentioned on his forum could be ring-fenced for labs consideration and potential pursuit .... that should be relatively easy to administer once a system is in place.

As of the time of posting, we have 8 categories in this Forum and topics contained within each of these (Science, 8 topics), Technology (6 topics), etc, etc,

Each of those topics may of course contain more than one ideal/project and may contain a considerable number.

It's probably a simple case of going through all posts so far and extracting relevant details - and the list can be added as topics continue, or indeed as new topics or categories are begun. Details could be periodically forwarded by the admins/mods here to the powers that be in LM1 labs to ensure nothing is missed or omitted.

The important thing would be to have comprehensible structure on how it is done..

I was considering trawling through posts to enable this (and as of yet the forum is not overloaded with posts, so it is quite do-able). That said, i am quite happy to share the work around :cheer: The public archive is my own first interest and I can happily tackle that myself and put some structure of suggested ideas/projects.

Ideas/thoughts on this folks?

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Doug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris perkins, Stavy
More
3 years 7 months ago #1068 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Hi Doug, in conversation with some of the LM1 team at the RI, they did say that they are reading all the threads and noting all the ideas and suggestions. So if we keep putting our thoughts up, someone somewhere is taking notes!

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
More
3 years 7 months ago #1070 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Thanks Stavy. I'm delighted (and relieved) to hear that! :)

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1075 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Doug

The public archive is my own first interest and I can happily tackle that myself and put some structure of suggested ideas/projects.

I too am fired up about the Public Archive - it's great to hear your enthusiasm!

With these kinds of tasks we need the technology to work for us. The easier things are to do, the more likely it is that they get done as others in future might not have the commitment you do!

I wonder whether those doing more complex administrative tasks like the one you've talked about might benefit from a personal flagging system so it's easier to note those nuggets of gold that need to get passed on to the Labs. Perhaps the flags (that link to posts with their URL) would appear in your profile section. You could have a flag that reminded you to look at a post again, or a different coloured flag to denote you've chosen a post for the LM1 team etc. What other tools on the forum would make your life easier? Don't worry about the technical challenges, simply consider what processes might help as the project scales up. The better the foundations, the bigger the house :)
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
More
3 years 7 months ago #1076 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Doug/Mike,

You can 'subscribe' to any thread which monitors it and then it will email you whenever there is activity. A useful thing once this gets too busy for you to read every single post (like I'm doing now).

Just click the button at the top of the thread.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]