The 2017 Lunar Mission One Summary is in and ?

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #3539 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: The 2017 Lunar Mission One Summary is in and ?
Well it's as one would expect.
For the most part I am an optimistic person but I now have serious reservations about this mission (as is) actually going ahead & you can't believe how disappointed I would be if that were the case.

Much of the optimism from this mission has been reduced to basically...schools may learn more about SPACE through it, the mission is still lacking in any funding with ALL that original KICKSTARTER Fund having gone!

This is the section that hit home most...."Without cash since the Kickstarter phase ended, we can only make limited progress"

We all knew it was a bit of a long shot but this thing stalled rather early I think & it's really sad.

I hoped people would see the advantages of getting on the coat tails of PRIVATE SPACE VENTURES but alas it's still not something many people take an interest in, that having been said I still thought LM1 might have been able to persuade BIG NAME BACKERS to back it & sell these data packets / dna samples & other material through them but NOPE nothing.

Talk of some backer (like last year) but nothing solid.

I am as you might imagine disappointed as I WANTED to this to WORK more than anyone.

Anyhoo...here's the summary....

launch.lunarmissionone.com/whats-happeni...nual-summary-of-2017

For you folks like I into AMERICAN FOOTBALL I guess what we are really hoping for here now is a 'HAIL MARY' (an ALL or NOTHING last minute CHANCE) that they can provide a BIG backer to follow the Mr Musk route (albeit on a smaller scale) if not? THE BEST we can hope for is that they at least try to get our data chips up there to the MOON (for the aliens to read) :ohmy: WHAT!!! by way of a piggy back mission although why any such mission would agree to that is beyond me?

:(
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Paul Conway.