The next JAMES BOND could be a WOMAN!!! Political Correctness GONE NUTS!

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
1 year 1 week ago - 1 year 1 week ago #3540 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: The next JAMES BOND could be a WOMAN!!! Political Correctness GONE NUTS!
Ok, anyone that's read anything posted by me should know by now I am OPEN to ANYTHING!

Really...ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.

If GOD or something like it exists? the entity that created EVERY SINGLE THING (not just in our UNIVERSE) but other Universes, multi dimensions, whatever, stuff out there we can't even see & perhaps may never even discover...the MAKER of ALL THIS? if there is one? well what if she's a WOMAN? so what? COOL! might even be some sense to it...she gave birth to OUR BEING & EVERYONE ELSE's.

But there are some STRANGE rumours going around that once DANIEL CRAIG (a (to me) surprisingly GREAT James Bond) hangs up his boots the ROLE might go to a WOMAN!!!

NOW COME ON!!!!

REALLLY!!!!

WOMEN are the EQUAL of MEN, should be PAID the same for the same JOB, should do ALL the jobs men can (if they choose to do so) & should certainly not be bullied in work by MEN or WOMEN & thankfully the times they are a changing!

HOWEVER...I am a HUGE James Bond fan, ever since I stepped inside my local cinema in 1974 aged 6 to see my first 007 outing on the BIG SCREEN with my dad, it was the recently dear departed ROGER MOORE as BOND in "The Man with the GOLDEN GUN" & this role was written by Fleming as a MAN, I've grown up with the character being a man & it should stay a MAN!

Women can be GREAT AGENTS & do the same job but JAMES BOND is a MAN dammit! his characteristics has changed somewhat over the past 20 years or so, so not quiet the chauvinist he used to be & that's ok but to change the whole dynamic & make this character a woman simply for POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!!! well the WORLD is just GOING CRAZY!

You want a FEMALE version of James Bond? (just NOT called JAMES BOND or even JANE BOND :dry:) no worries, FANTASTIC! even I would go to see it, although I don't think we need it, there were rumours back in Brosnan's days as BOND when he encounted the U.S. agent JINX (played by the beautiful HALLE BERRY) that she would have a spin-off & I see no reason why the BOND makers couldn't do that (if they so wished) but PLEASE....PLEASE.....

KEEP JAMES BOND male.

what next MARY POPPINS to be played by BENEDICT CUMBERBATCH :lol: he's GREAT but COME ON!

Christoph Waltz who played BLOFELD in the last 007 outing agrees & good on him.

Teresa May OUR PRIME MINISTER however would like to see it!!! personally I rather like her, she's doing her BEST in difficult times but NOPE not having this...no way, no how.

THANKFULLY we do have a very intelligent & keyed in lady in charge of the BOND FRANCISE (Barbara Broccolli) is someone I admire a great deal, she took over the role from her father & has done WONDERFULLY & I would be very surprised if she went this route.

What's the difference with DOCTOR WHO? some might ask? you shouldn't as it's really rather obvious & I am greatly looking forward to how that gender change might change the dynamic of this wonderful British show.
I hope to be saying HOW GREAT IS THIS but I also agree with TOM BAKER if for some reason it just does not work? then that's how it is & with regeneration they can revert back.
Personally I think this could be an amazing injection of new life for the DOCTOR....something different.

JUST LEAVE JAMES BOND ALONE...PLEASE
Last Edit: 1 year 1 week ago by Paul Conway.