• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
10 months 1 week ago - 10 months 1 week ago #3597 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: STEPHEN HAWKING Professor & Physicist DIES
Diagnosed at 21, told he had ONLY 2 years to LIVE he battled to 76 years old...GOOD ON YA Stephen (that alone is a rather remarkable achievement)

The film "The Theory of Everything" sums up to some small degree the difficulties he had to face but my how he ROSE above them & I think he helped us to understand the UNIVERSE, Time & Space a little more.
Some of his theories on BLACK HOLES & TIME are very interesting & exciting but there will be things even his great mind will have missed & so will he be.

I had no idea he had died this morning, my sister informed me of this & whilst many now for some reason? hold up CELEBRITY as something they admire & aspire to (people like Kim Kardashian, Katie Price & celeb called Jenner? who so it goes wiped off 1 billion dollars off Snapchat because she commented she no longer used it!) well I am sorry they're not for me & I hope such likes are just a passing fad, the likes of Stephen Hawking these are these are the people we should REALLY admire & aspire to be like.

After what happened last night to me (see previous post) I could but only SMILE rather CRY.

That flash outside in the NIGHT SKY...if we are being over sentimental? AND on this occasion well why not?

Perhaps it was a sign from the GODS that a HUMAN who had the SPIRIT to battle & live on with such an awful disease here on EARTH was being given a nice little send off.

The fact this flash (for whatever reason? forced me outside with my camera to try & take photo's of this strange object seen in the sky ONLY to end up photographing a number of STARS which, well, amazingly ARE NOT STARS, but rather some strange looking objects, some looking like spacecraft, others may well have been SPACE DEBRIS it must be said but some just looked very uniquely shaped & strange SO knowing what I know now after hearing of his sad death then please forgive me but i'm going to get a little teary & suggest it might have been a few of those alien species out there that had shown up & were honouring a BRAVE SOUL here on EARTH? I know probably not but indulge me.
Anyone that saw the end of Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 will get the idea....it's a nice thought anyway.

What really made me laugh was that later this morning on Breakfast News was one of my 1980's teenage crushes, a British Pop artist called KIM WILDE & she was on promoting her new Album which WAIT FOR IT....I kid you not...is called "THE ALIENS ARE HERE". she was a little hyper as DAN & LOUISE notices but you do get rather hyper when you suddenly realise there is AMAZING STRANGENESS out there, it seemed to me she was almost trying to deflect the fact she saw such a thing & it changed her life, I fully understand ;)

So as you can see a strange night & sad & strange morning.

We need YOU young folks to step up & follow this GREAT MAN.
Last Edit: 10 months 1 week ago by Paul Conway.
  • Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
10 months 1 week ago #3598 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: STEPHEN HAWKING Professor & Physicist DIES
cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/35/...e-Aliens-1264385.jpg

Kim Wilde's New Album entitled "Here Come the Aliens" :lol: well I was close!