THE SKY AT NIGHT could be Axed (And Just when SPACE is getting INTERESTING)

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
10 months 6 days ago - 10 months 6 days ago #3602 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: THE SKY AT NIGHT could be Axed (And Just when SPACE is getting INTERESTING)
Well i do find the timing & the reasoning for such a thing CRAZY!

Rumours are that after 60 years on BBC TV 'THE SKY AT NIGHT' could be AXED?

We cannot let this happen!

The reasons given by the BBC is the money is needed to make more programmes & to freshen up the schedules!!!

Are you kidding me?

How much does it cost to make 1 programme of the SKY AT NIGHT each month? which is now NOT even shown on the main channels of BBC1 or BBC2, in fact since Sir Patrick died it now airs on BBC4 (I don't mind, it's still there, I still enjoy it & I am getting used to the new presenters especially MAGGIE who is the newest member & who it took me awhile to appreciate but appreciate her I do, GREAT ENTHUSIASM & a lovely SMILE)

They can't find a REGULAR MONTHLY SLOT on BBC2 at a decent time for the whole FAMILY to watch? this is what should happen rather than it being AXED.

So it costs next to nothing to make...in fact I bet the presenters & makers would almost make this for next to nothing anyway if given a chance? as it ONLY airs ONCE a MONTH...come on BEEB what are you playing at?

Next to ZERO to make and ONLY 1 episode per month which takes up 30 minutes on a LATE NIGHT SLOT on BBC4.

A Curious & Strange Decision.

And JUST when SPACE is getting REALLY INTERESTING & should eventually impact everyone's lives.

I know I am the ALIEN & UFO Lover...but I do LOVE 'SPACE' & the normal DISCOVERIES & MISSIONS, the fact that there is stuff out there which I am 100% certain of is neither here or there & what's more these things are very close to us (within our OWN solar system) so it just makes it EVEN MORE interesting for someone like I....IF? and it's a BIG if, the likes of The Sky at Night can step up to the plate & start investigating some of these things I have proposed? then boy would that enlighten some people....there is so much proof available now, can you imagine how much they will be in the future for us to ponder? this programme MUST STAY.

There is 1 photograph (a panoramic one) of MARS, taken by PATHFINDER & it should be so clear to people seeing it that there's something wrong with this picture without even ZOOMING, CROPPING or LIGHTENING the image...right at the back there, in the centre is a structure many have nicknamed 'THE MARTIAN SPHINX' it is so obviously a series of structures that are NOT NATURAL.
In, around & to the side of this AREA are all kinds of things that PROVE something is up on MARS, Rocket or Missile components lay to waste on the ground of MARS close to this structure, a cleared AREA close by but the BEST part of this photograph is reserved for the left hand side (as we look) this is where we need to ZOOM in...

There you will find (INCREDIBLY)

Ruins
What looks like a Pyramid like structure
The strangest Triangular ROCK? (it's not a Rock) you will ever see...it's SPLIT into Two & has a pipe like structure coming from it & below this on the martian ground a large ball like object (sphere)
MY FAVOURITE though? and the one that should be BIG NEWS but for whatever reason isn't?
Is the AREA which looks like an ENCLOSURE (walled) with a large rectangular CINEMA like SCREEN inside & right next to it a strange piece of EQUIPMENT (which I thought might be a projector or DISH) well I now believe this to be a similar looking object to one on PLUTO...a DISH I believe.
There's PLENTY more in and around this AREA & yet nothing is SPOKEN of it...I would like THE SKY AT NIGHT to have the B. . . S to bring this to the attention of the British public...it EXISTS, it's REAL & it's NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS natural.

WHY cancel now after 60 years when SPACE EXPLORATION is getting interesting? with PRIVATE Space Companies everywhere popping up!

I could head the CONSPIRACY route in that they know something's out there & they are fed up having to keep circle around the subject? unlikely I know but the reasons given are just nonsensical don't you think?

SAVE OUR 'SKY AT NIGHT' & more than this bring it back to a main terrestrial :) TV channel like BBC2 at 7pm each month.

Somewhere up there SIR PATRICK will not be HAPPY unless this is FAKE NEWS :whistle: which of course I hope it is?
Last Edit: 10 months 6 days ago by Paul Conway.
  • Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
10 months 6 days ago #3603 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: THE SKY AT NIGHT could be Axed (And Just when SPACE is getting INTERESTING)
Some links I think a few of you may like....as it's now clear to me that there are not as many SPACE FANS here as I had thought...

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b006mk7h

www.skyatnightmagazine.com/