ENGLAND Netball win...OH the JOY!

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
9 months 1 week ago - 9 months 1 week ago #3628 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: ENGLAND Netball win...OH the JOY!
Even if you didn't stay up late to watch this Aussies vs ENGLAND Netball final a good many of you (in the UK) may well have seen the HIGHLIGHTS by now?

Was that not JOYFUL?

Did you see the way the English women leaped for JOY when beating the favourites AUSTRALIA on their own turf.

52-51 and won in the final minute...NERVES of STEEL, at one point with only 4 minutes or so left they were 4 goals down.

You just need TO BELIEVE sometimes...and these women NEVER lost BELIEVE...but it was the JOY on their faces at winning this one that will stay me & although I am huge SPORTS FAN I have only seen a few highlights in the past.

But this was skilful, hold your nerve stuff...TAKE NOTE England's Footballers :)
I expect our guys to do similar at this years WORLD CUP FINALS in (coughs) RUSSIA :evil: and go close to winning it for a change?

No pay as I understand it?
Just the PURE JOY of representing your country, NOT CHEATING & winning a GOLD MEDAL.

Best NETBALL FINAL I have EVER SEEN....hmm OK, it's the ONLY Netball final I've ever seen but it was a GOODIE.

As for the rest of the COMMONWEALTH GAMES? (they call these the FRIENDLY GAMES) I must admit due to the time difference I missed a lot but still caught some awesome competitive sport...CYCLING will always be close to my heart (and any adult's heart that once had a BIKE or two or three or try SIX I think I had over my childhood & teenage years) but the AUSSIES took this by the scruff of the neck & are closing in on the UK as a whole in this sport.
SWIMMING was FUN...and it's PEATY :cheer: his face was a picture when that BBC news reporter fell in the pull whist interviewing them.
ATHLETICS, BOXING (damn, wish I wasn't a fan of this but I still can't shake it due to being brought up on Sugar Ray Lenoard, Haggler, Tyson, Bruno, Conti, Benn etc) it's a DAMN SILLY SPORT if you ask me, one in which you try to HURT another person...we are a CRAZY RACE! and I am ashamed of being a fan (not as much as I was...trying to teach myself how crazy this sport is!) as for WOMEN BOXING...don't get me started!!! sure if they want to do it & there are many a tough woman out there, it's just not how I see them! I like to see them with style, demure, classy & intelligence & with more common sense but like I said if this is what they want to do (I even supported some of them here but I find it strange is all)
GYMNASTICS, SQUASH, BOWLS even...did you see some of these games??? actually rather exciting! HOCKEY...LOVED IT.

THE GOLD COAST in Australia when seen by those sweeping DRONE SHOTS along the beach & showing all of those HIGH RISE skyscrapers LOOKED like a book I had as a kid which showed FUTURISTIC ALIEN PLANETS with coasts like this & structures like this...it's like we've caught up with that book...LOOKED AMAZING!

Great show, amazing place & of course they had the weather & the golden sandy beaches so it was a bit of a bump back down to earth when it ended & was handed over to BIRMINGHAM, England...it's not the GOLD COAST...it could never compete with THAT but it's the PEOPLE!
And in that respect, the ENGLISH PEOPLE (for the most part) are still some of the nicest, loveable, caring & FAIR people on this PLANET & it will be THEY that make it a GOOD GAMES in 2022 & not the setting.

ENJOYED it GREATLY (but I always do) but that 52-51 last second NETBALL win against the Aussies on their own turf will be the thing that lives with me for a long time & was my HIGHLIGHT (and I never thought I would be saying that after the 2 weeks+ of competition)
Last Edit: 9 months 1 week ago by Paul Conway.
  • Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
9 months 1 week ago #3629 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: ENGLAND Netball win...OH the JOY!
Something I forgot...not that anyone's reading this here but the ALIEN FOLK up there might be interested?

But there was a young disabled athlete, called ISIS (sorry forget her surname) but she ran like the wind...it is AMAZING what WE (as HUMANS) can do but again it was the sheer JOY on her face, she was an AUSSIE & it clearly hit home what she had done.

Now to you ALIEN FOLKS up there :cheer:
I'm guessing you folks have done away with such faults in your bodies? so we're unlikely to EVER meet a DISABLED Alien Being.
It is more than likely that if they are CLONED or NATURAL they will have had such things removed so I wonder what they make of such HUMANS with such problems?
I wonder what they made of the BRILLIANT Stephen HAWKING? and all of these FAB people that have disabilities.

Of course the day will come (if RUSSIA & they're likes don't destroy us ALL or we die of viruses or asteroid strike or evil aliens) that we will progress & we will be able to SCREEN out bad DNA so that no one has to have such problems in the future & that's a GOOD THING but blimey does the HUMAN SPIRIT live in these FOLKS.

Can't see there being a GALAXY GAMES can you?

But If they do? I wonder if I can hope on a SPACECRAFT heading there to take a look at all the strange & curious SPECIES out there.

Have often wondered if they are ALL ABOUT the science? & the discovery? or if they have such things as competitive games? FUN? ART? LOVE? PAIN & DESPAIR? you see we really are a MORE SPECIAL SPECIES than perhaps many realise...it's just a SHAME a small few (IN POWER) want WAR! it's no wonder they haven't made themselves seen to most of Earth's Population, even now they're probably still trying to figure us out!