STAR TREK's PICARD is BACK! An EMOTIONAL Story of DESPAIR! Video Included

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
5 months 1 week ago - 5 months 1 week ago #3664 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: STAR TREK's PICARD is BACK! An EMOTIONAL Story of DESPAIR! Video Included
When I first heard about this about a week ago I thought...NAHH.

They're actually bringing back 78 Year Old PATRICK STEWART who played the legendary JEAN LUC PICARD for a NEW Star Trek series!!!
He's even older than my Dad.

Now he was a very different type of CAPTAIN of the ENTERPRISE...One I very much hope we shall see command such real spacecraft from EARTH in the FUTURE (of course we already have craft adventuring & taking part in missions out there that we don't know of & sadly will probably never know of...tech that which has been kept secret from us :( SIGH) 7

I do wish I could hop along to those local places in our SOLAR SYSTEM that i have mentioned so many times before, just to confirm what I feel I already know but would just like to see for REAL....

PLUTO is as you folks know the BIG ONE for me...I can't be so wrong about that ONE? can i ? i know STRUCTURE when i see it! & so too does my ageing ex engineer father.

Ah well if ANY of you folks in those CRAFT happens to be passing over Manchester soon (ALIENS excepted too...well GOOD ONE's anyway) & are heading onto Pluto / 67P / Titan / Mars / Our Moon? i'd be happy to be beamed aboard to tag a long for a day or two.
PERMISSION to take Photographs to SHOCK the WORLD :lol:

As much as I LOVE James T. KIRK & I really do love William Shatner's playing of the Captain (he is still my favourite CAPTAIN from any Star Trek series) I have to say PICARD would be the more intelligent thinking person's version of a CAPTAIN of a STARSHIP.

PICARD is not as combative & as eager to go toe to toe with an enemy as Kirk is but by hell don't think that as a sign of weakness as Picard has every bit of this combative nature we saw in Kirk (each week) it's just that Picard is a man of reason & if diplomacy...strangely there is something of a VULCAN about him (at times)

The likes of he (for REAL) is what we are very much lacking here on EARTH with many of our leaders.

So WHAT BETTER TIME perhaps to bring back a GREAT LEADER & one of the most favourite characters in the genre of Science Fiction.

AGE??? What is age thesedays? it is a shame we have yet to conquer death (but it will come & those future generations will be FREE to EXPLORE the GALAXY, OUR UNIVERSE, OTHER UNIVERSES & those realms we have yet to even think of which may well exist)

I hope the stories will be BOLD, ADVENTUROUS, EXCITING & THOUGHTFUL & no doubt we'll discover what if anything he is?
Is he an ADMIRAL? or such like? reading between the lines from what little I've heard it would seem not?
Perhaps he did RETIRE from STARFLEET soon after the very disappointing last NG film "NEMESIS" & we shall see him doing an almost DETECTIVE like STORYLINE? checking up on previous encounters / species he encountered & of course one would like to think meeting up on the way with OLD FRIENDS? Riker, Data, Geordie, Beverley, Troi & even WORF.

Don't forget ANYTHING is POSSIBLE in Science Fiction but it may well be true (well almost) for REAL...i think so!

We have NO IDEA what we were REALLY BORN INTO...This is our HOME PLANET 'Earth' but has it always been?

We are told what might have happened during the BIG BANG but they don't really know.

Many think this is the ONE & ONLY Universe? it's BIG for sure but we may be in for one hell of a shock somewhere down the line!

Surprisingly i have only managed to track down 1 episode of STAR TREK : DISCOVERY...the 1st episode & despite what I've read by others i liked the LOOK of it, the EXPLORATION aspect & it showed PROMISE? did it do so for the rest of the season? no idea, not seen it on Blu Ray yet & have not got NETFLIX so here's hoping the new Adventures of PICARD will be seen by more?

And with that here's that EMOTIONAL brief STORY of DESPAIR from Sir Patrick at a STAR TREK CONVENTION (never been to one but always thought it would be interesting to) Sir Patrick is a rather intelligent man (for an actor) i think even supported LABOUR's Leader CORBYN for a while until he appeared on NEWSNIGHT i think it was saying he was now disappointed by him?
I would like to think those young folks that voted for him might be thinking the same by now but hey if your one of those that love JEREMY CORBYN out there then no worries, fair do's, your choice, we should respect that ALWAYS! your wrong though :)
For the most part i am a Labour supporter but HE CAN NEVER BECOME LEADER of this GREAT COUNTRY, well Star Trek is ALL about POLITICS fir you folks that watching closely.

YES i'm very much like Sir Patrick & those in the audience here as well as i am sure the MAJORITY of folks on this PLANET...

We are all in DESPAIR about the deeds done in OUR NAME when it's really not...

The Las Vegas police officers statement i think rings true with each & every one of us...

GIVE US A PLANET without WAR, without GREED, ENVY, POWER POLITICS (we'll always need politics but done in a friendly, calm, intelligent way has to be the way to go surely?) sadly i think i was pulled down a wormhole into a different time line...

And for now THIS is what we've got...DESPAIR is the WORD.

ENJOY...

It looks like PATRICK's HAPPY to be BACK & so am i.

BTW: I am truly gutted that i can no longer show you folks some of my own DISCOVERIES here...
The latest one's are DOOZIES...
That latest JAPANESE MISSION from HAYABUSA 2 visiting RYUGU well that's GONE QUIET all of a sudden after that first interesting shot of it.
Of course i blew it up straight away & began searching for STRANGE stuff on there...you got to try it ;)

NASA & even the ESA & perhaps even this folks will show you images but there's NO CHANCE of getting anything usual from them & seen as though i know there's STRANGE THINGS out there close to us (laugh it up & then come time travel back to me & tell me this is not the case, yeah thought you wouldn't :lol: )

Something found here that actually looks like DOCTOR WHO's TARDIS...now unless this is the strangest Universe EVER it is of course NOT a Time & Relative Dimensions in Space BOX but it sure looks like it & if i could show you it you'd laugh your head off.

An Oblong looking box sitting up off RYUGU's surface...a BOX with sharp edges & angles.

Ok it's not the clearest of original first images but this thing is NOTHING like the rocky parts around it & it's NOT the only thing that looks STRANGE on this small NEO.

But hey...you folks don't believe me right? you can't, you must ONLY believe in the powers that be (NASA, ESA) you know those that really know ;)
Last Edit: 5 months 1 week ago by Paul Conway.