THE APPRENTICE is BACK! 9pm BBC1...Who gets FIRED first?

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #3735 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: THE APPRENTICE is BACK! 9pm BBC1...Who gets FIRED first?
The Apprentice is a show we all like in our family & I think is a favourite in the UK.
Lord Sugar is far more reasonable & polite than that one who hosted the American version (I forget his name but apparently he's so greatly admired he managed to get a higher office & has been reported mocking someone who says she was abused? that remains to be seen but nice to see such a person of power mocking someone...way to go fella)

So THE APPRENTICE this should be FUN.

We have 16 of the greatest & youngest business minds in Britain, intelligent people ;) all looking to win this £250,000 investment from Lord Sugar.

Many of the winners to be fair have gone on to be a success but blimey have we had some laughs along the way.

So many in the past may have learned & achieved degrees or high pass grades but that don't mean really mean your CLEVER & CAN WORK THINGS OUT as clearly many that appear on this show have not got a clue about the real world & how it works & how to work things out & I suppose that's what makes this a rather fun & amusing watch.

They'll no doubt be the BRAVADO VIDEOS at the beginning showing some of these proclaiming themselves to be the new LORD SUGAR & taking NO PRISONERS & all the other BS they have no doubt been asked to sprout about themselves.

It'll probably be the quieter one's that give these types enough rope to hang themselves that will stay the course & sometimes there are folks that will surprise you, there's an ex glamour model / actress I understand that will be one of these 16 & it's very likely she'll be looked down upon? well, give her chance, we all start somewhere & her past & previous occupation (nothing wrong with it btw in my eyes) is not an indication of how clever & well she can cope with such a scenario so it will be interesting to see how she goes & how people in here treat her?

We (as a family) can normally figure out the later semi-finalists / finalists from an early point (you get an idea within 3 or 4 weeks) but the winner isn't always the one we'd have chose but we'll see.

MAJOR ERRORS will be made, STUPID ERRORS will be made, they'll be FUNNY moments & even some moments of GENIUS even & the INTERVIEW Section towards the end is always TENSE & ENLIGHTENING but it's always been FUN.

Don't forget to catch the BRILLIANT & down to Earth Rhod Gilbert (we LOVE him) presenting "The Apprentice : Your Fired" on BBC2 straight after this opening episode, in it's way this programme is every bit as good as the actual show & can be VERY FUNNY.

Now here is a QUESTION for you folks in the UK...

So let's just say we had Prime Minister May in one group (they are normally split into 2 groups? although who knows maybe they'll try something different & split them into 3 :) how 16 goes into 3 I don't know so probably not) & in the other was Jeremy Corbyn.

Now be completely HONEST here regardless of which party you prefer or not & ASK YOURSELF...

WHO of these two MAY or CORBYN would get furthest in this group of 16?

Now some most of you will know that LORD SUGAR is a LABOUR supporter (but assuming he was fair & logical & took each on merit) I seriously doubt CORBYN would make it to the SEMI-FINALS stage?

You would think & expect them to both get to the FINAL & I could see Teresa May doing so, Corbyn he may give a good conference speech but he & his cabinet would not cope I think...Would be an INTERESTING WATCH though wouldn't you say?

Speaking of Politics...Corbyn's speech at conference wasn't half bad to be fair & some of LABOUR's value's are still one's I agree with, Prime Minister May responded with a ROBUST speech of her own (I feel terribly sorry for her, she's a good, intelligent hard working woman who really is between a rock & a hard place & I SALUTE her for GETTING ON WITH IT & trying to broker a midway point that is acceptable to everyone)

SADLY the EU are just NASTY & playing HARDBALL as many of us EXPECTED & it is true that if we cut loose with WTO rules IRELAND would still have a HARD BORDER but the EU could do something about this but are UNWILLING to HELP HER...these are the types we are dealing with, it's no wonder many VOTED OUT.
And the TORY PARTY are not helping her either...NIGHTMARE SITUATION for her, if she comes through it & is still PRIME MINISTER after BREXIT & we have a GOOD ACCEPTABLE DEAL with the EU (as should be) then she should be APPLAUDED & kept as Prime Minister for the next term afterwards.

It seems to me though that sadly Prime Minister May will have to ditch the CHECKERS AGREEMENT (the EU don't like it, many of those that voted BREXIT don't like it & it seems the majority of her party now don't like it)
She's a clever type, she's better as Prime Minister than BORIS I think so will probably (hopefully) be able to manage an agreement with the EU (if not to hell with them & they certainly won't be getting any money from us after all this aggro & we the BRITISH public will NEVER FORGIVE THEM for not compromising & using IRELAND as POLITICAL FOOTBALL)

In or Out we'll do OK we may even outperform many of the EU countries over time (and don't forget they'll be LOSING many hundreds of millions from us over the coming years once we are out...so why NO DEAL is beyond me but we shouldn't be afraid of such a scenario)

CORBYN? in POWER? at this time? NIGHTMARE...Sorry you CORBYN fans out there, you may like these LEFTIES grabbing hold of power in the LABOUR PARTY but I don't & he & his shadow cabinet are a real THREAT (in my opinion) to this COUNTRY kicking on & being a success, it's just a shame the TORY party are still battling themselves & hopefully the TOFFS will not regain high office seats & Teresa May will battle it out and remain as our leader.

At least she's not hoped it like the pathetic CAMERON.

ENJOY the APPRENTICE, always interesting to see the clicks that form...no doubt they'll even be form of bullying (you'll know what I mean when you see it)
  • Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 months 3 weeks ago #3736 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: THE APPRENTICE is BACK! 9pm BBC1...Who gets FIRED first?
EPISODE 1 (Thoughts)

What a strange bunch!

We got the BS title credit sequence speeches as usual...

"MONEY IS THE BE ALL & END ALL" :) bless him, if he thinks that for real? then how sad is he? he'll be welcomed with OPEN ARMS by the ELITE (should he be successful of course) I COULD NOT DISAGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT more STRONGLY.

"My Daughter WANTS a SWIMMING POOL" Does she really? :)

After this 1st episode I am genuinely struggling to find a few that I think might win this one (still early days though)

DAVID, the TAX ADVISOR should know how to deal with money & seems to be one of the quiet, thinker types? so he could be one to watch?
FRANK also perhaps.
As for the women I am struggling this year to see how might win it? although the Tennis Trainer lady seems nice, quiet & trying not to be in everyone's faces.

The OCTOPUS scene was hilarious :lol:
Fella's read it with the words 'Octopus with a 40" HOSE', hose! not tentacles they should have known & when the lady behind the counter started measuring the length of the Octopus we fell about laughing.
Still, the fellas did do something with this TASK that others generally don't do for whatever reason & that was phone up before getting out there to find WHAT THESE ITEMS really were (shame they missed out the OCTOPUS Breathing Device ;) ) and with this information they all knew were they stood...pretty obvious thing to do but this TASK which normally arrives in Episode 2 or 3 is normally done on the hoof by these teams!

Hard to Judge really from a first episode but it doesn't look like an above average crop this time around which might make it even more interesting I suppose?

And who didn't smile when KAREN BRADY who so clearly knew that one of the items was right there in the shop that was on their list, started stroking the item :)

Of course with this number of EGO's here at the beginning & trying to be ALPHA Male or Female it makes sense to sit back & let them drop themselves in it...

As for the 3 in the boardroom?

No Surprises really.

JASMIN (Team Leader) was dropped in it by JACKIE who somehow managed to make her take it, I figured Jackie might be one to watch (still might) but her attitude was appalling & for me she was the one who should have gone at this early stage.

JASMIN who looked the part of a businesswoman didn't act like one! and she was in the weaker side of the girls team so another lucky to see Week 2.

Sarah, ah a VERY Northern lass & one who is rather LOUD & MOUTHY, I think she might have been the ex actress/model who looks like she's had one of those lip enlargements? never get that! well she was unlucky don't you think? the crowd on Rhod's follow-up comedy show seemed to think so too, voting for her to have stayed in, brassy, northern & loud to be sure but apart from rushing in rough shot over her team to agree a deal she didn't really do too much wrong, JACKIE did nothing but be a nag & JASMIN as team leader got much wrong.

It's shaping up as expected...there NOTHING like those that made the short list for the ASTRONAUTS series but you wouldn't expect them to be which is what makes it FUN as we all know many of these should not really be here.

If I had to pick one (so far) to go much further into the process i'd go with DAVID & from the women perhaps the Tennis lady who we have yet to discover if she has what it takes but is in the next round by stepping back from all the mouthy types (she also did not appear in the title sequence sprouting out NONSENSE)

WEEK 2 can't wait!
Get the CHOCS in Sis.