DOCTOR WHO TONIGHT (Sunday 7th OCT 2028)

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 months 2 weeks ago #3739 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: DOCTOR WHO TONIGHT (Sunday 7th OCT 2028)
Did ya spot the deliberate mistake ;)
Well it's a TIME TRAVEL series after all.
A New Doctor, so will she fit the role well? or will there be some concerns? TOO Northern?

There are some good vibes going around after previews of this 1st episode a week or two ago.

1) It's ALL CHANGE...and by that I don't just mean a NEW DOCTOR (and a female one at that) but a whole new GROUP of COMPANIONS will show up making it something of an ensemble TEAM (Think Time Travelling, Alien World visiting BUFFY the VAMPIRE SLAYER perhaps?)

2) NETFLIX
A Huge company now, that even makes their own programmes (still haven't seen Star Trek DISCOVERY yet, apart from the FREE 1st episode which showed promise & would love to see their new 'LOST in SPACE' series) & it's said they have asked the BBC to up the ante & make these sets & episodes LOOK BETTER (did NETFLIX even add to the budget to do so?) Dr WHO is BIG in AMERICA too & around the WORLD (the AUSSIES love it too) so maybe it will be the BEST LOOKING DR WHO SERIES EVER???

3) Dr Who has a CONNECTION with PEOPLE of the EARTH.
But in the older episodes it was pretty much 50/50 time spent on EARTH & time spent in SPACE or on OTHER ALIEN PLANETS (even though during the 1960's, 70's & 80's the BUDGETS were SHOESTRING)
So let's hope we have that 50% on EARTH, 50% OUT THERE Stories & let's HOPE these stories are OUT THERE, INVENTIVE & GOOD.

4) BRADLEY WALSH
Anyone that has seen his game shows over the years will know he's FUN FELLA & seems GENUINELY NICE (always helps) but he can ALSO ACT.
Signing Bradley was a Huge Coup & Surprise, my sister had become tired of DOCTOR WHO but as soon as she knew a Woman had taken over & Bradley was about to become one of the new companions SHE WAS ONBOARD...I hope it's good enough for her to stay onboard.