ARRIVAL (A Visual Explanation of the STORY & ENDING)

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #3761 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: ARRIVAL (A Visual Explanation of the STORY & ENDING)
Folks here probably already know I TRULY LOVE "Arrival"

For me, it's right up there (on the coat tails) of Kubrick's 2001, high praise indeed.

Don't get me wrong KUBRICK's film is a true MASTERPIECE & has the VISUAL FLAIR & Effects that are spellbinding & whilst Arrival has these moments too (from time to time...there is even I am sure a nice 'tip of the hat' to Kubrick's film KEEP WATCHING when they enter the SHIP for the first time & the glove touching the inner walls of the ship) but it's the STORY here in Arrival which is so very interesting.

I got a good percentage of what was happening upon first viewing but got some wrong, it becomes clearer on 2nd & 3rd viewings & is without question a film you can return to many times & discuss with your family & friends & you should, we've a good few talks over this film already & I am sure we will do so again in the future (or is it really the future? ;) )

For although 2001 is clearly the more SPECTACULAR visually stunning Film with a STORY right up my street (UK Talk for IT's MY KINDA THING...Discovery of an Ancient Artefact on the MOON ;) buried, knowing we would one day DISCOVER IT & devise a MISSION to find WHERE the signal had originated from (in the book it was SATURN, in the film JUPITER) and along the way HAL :) but ARRIVAL...

May not have the visual flair (throughout) but it doesn't half get you thinking...

It is a TRULY WONDERFUL Film, so wonderful, I almost can't believe such a risky film was made & then performed SO WELL at the BOX OFFICE.

Amy Adams gives perhaps the BEST Performance she will ever give (and she's a SUPER Actress) but the STORY...

NOT just about Alien Ships & the Alien themselves but HOW DO WE CONNECT with them? it is brilliantly handled.

I think i'm fairly clever (intelligent) but I am not as clever as I think I am & even now there are things I perhaps missed (one of he reasons I LOVE this movie) I asked in my write up from another source detailing this STORY, what was happening & THAT ENDING how come these aliens were saying THEY would NEED our HELP in 3,000 years time!

The TIME ASPECT in this Movie GREATLY enhances it, putting it right up there with 2001 (and make it so very different from that movie yet on a par with it for asking ALL these different questions & pondering the likes of TIME)

Are we really, just simply on that line, currently living in the PRESENT? with everyone / everything else before us BACK in HISTORY & those yet to be BE in what we perceive as OUR FUTURE?
I am sure that is what many people believe but then along comes a film to give us a scenario in which WE only THINK we are in the PRESENT when really EVERYTHING that has EVER BEEN or is ever GOING to BE takes place at the SAME TIME...in NON LINEAR TIME.

NON LINEAR is understandable but very difficult to comprehend, it's a very strange path to head down & IF? ever discovered to be proven correct? would CHANGE EVERYTHING?
And yet there may have been aspects of this I GOT WRONG, so even though NON LINEAR TIME has all TIME GROUPED TOGEATHER (happening ALL AT THE SAME TIME...ain't that something? can you imagine it? even though we KNOW the Pyramids in CARIO were built (so they say ;) some 4,000BC) way back in what we perceive to be HISTORY & we have them right there in EGYPT now! they are currently being MADE!!!
WHAT??? I know, how strange is this?

And yet these ALIENS know they will NEED our HELP in 3,000 years time so they can OBVIOUSLY not change this TIME STRUCTURE, perhaps they cannot even Time Travel? to do so, they JUST KNOW because they are used to being in this NON linear time THAT THIS WILL HAPPEN.
WHY? they need our help is VERY INTERESTING isn't it?

And then we have the STORY of WHY would she CHOOSE to have a daughter having been SHOWN what happens?

I brought up this thinking it was surely something we would NOT WISH on even our worst enemies but then again like these HETOPODS could she change it? it seems like at the end of the film EXITING the SHIP she meets up again with her future husband & decides...
SHE WILL CHOOSE THIS PATH they showed her in the SHIP, despite the horrible conclusion to her daughters death & YES I get it & this guy in this video (at the end is right)

It's LOVE of course & knowing that this little girl / teenager was LOVED & DID EXIST somehow in TIME.

ONE OF THE BEST SCIENCE FICTION Films (scrub that) ONE OF THE BEST FILMS EVER!!!
Keep an eye open for that STUNNING Shot of the Helicopters arriving :whistle: at the USA Alien Ship site...that cloud / mist formation WAS NOT A SPECIAL EFFECT...How COOL!!! and how well did the director capture on it film!

I truly LOVE this FILM...Enjoy the visual explanation which is so much better than I can describe it (but I gave it go)
Last Edit: 2 months 3 weeks ago by Paul Conway.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #3762 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: ARRIVAL (A Visual Explanation of the STORY & ENDING)
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #3763 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: ARRIVAL (A Visual Explanation of the STORY & ENDING)
Sorry again for the errors in my English (fed up correcting half of them)
I have no idea why my head went this way after being starved of oxygen for a short while but it did...words not spelt correctly (but I never was great at spelling) and words put in a different order...

It's like my Brain's in NON LINEAR TIME already & is all mixed up :)

There are of course QUESTIONS that are not brought up in the film but which will have you discussing the implications well after it has finished.

We all get Linear time...Start a line (where you start that line is WHERE YOU WERE BORN) you can't see a line behind it but it's there you just can't see it or re-vist it because it's the PAST (it's our HISTORY, the time of PYRAMIDS being made, HOMO SAPIENS being turned by ALiens into HUMANS :whistle: ) well, maybe? & DINOASURS, even our UNIVERSE itself being created)

Now draw a line , this is the road we travel, when we DIE there is no longer a pencil line mark (it's the end for us AS WE KNOW IT? but who really knows?) everything behind this final point is OUR HISTORY & the HISTORY that existed whilst we were here...but time continues on after us, a FUTURE we WILL NOT SEE....which is WHY we TAKE CARE of OUR BEAUTIFUL PLANET for all of our people in the FUTURE (who might eventually figure out WAR & VIOLENCE is old school, brutal & utter NON-SENSICAL)
How far does this Linear line go on for? who knows.

But it's the NON LINEAR Time path that is so AMAZING...

Let's TRY and get our heads around it...

ALL of TIME (at least in OUR UNIVERSE) takes place ALL AT ONCE!!!

So from the moment of the BIG BANG (which if we are on this path is taking place RIGHT NOW!) right up until well WHAT?
How FAR in the FUTURE does Non Linear time EXIST...does the EXPANSION of Our Universe as some think STOP & it begins to COLLAPSE in on itself? or have we already reached that point in EXPANSION where it can no longer do this but eventually there will be less stars & therefor planets formed & eventually ALL the STARS will dim & DIE (well you know my thoughts on that...IF WE or another SPECIES is still around BY THIS TIME I have NO DOUBTS whatsoever that WE or THEY will SO incredibly ADVANCED (God like really) that WE WILL be ABLE to construct NEW STARS, NEW PLANETS to live on (should we even need them?) by this time we'll probably be taking trips to OTHER Universes or DIMENSIONS (as yet unknown to us) so the QUESTION goes on...WHERE DOES it STOP? does it follow we Humans & other SPECIES into these other places?

So there is an ARGUMENT for saying this NON LINEAR time EFFECTS everyone & everything wherever it is...

It's ALMOST like we are ALL in ONE HUGE Computer Programme (as some have mooted) WHERE any one moment in TIME can be accessed immediately (if we had the technology to do so) STRANGE huh? and very CURIOUS.

One would think if we are in the NON LINEAR time scenario it would be EASIER to get to another time (one day) as it takes place within the same fabric of space / time as we do, we just need to wait for those in our (SO CALLED FUTURE) to figure out a way how to?

When they do (and here's the FUNNY & STRANGE thing...THEY ALREADY HAVE...it's like that Brilliant STAR TREK Episode from the 1960's called "City on the Edge of Forever" a living machine that is a kind of Guardian for TIME itself & with the ability to find a moment in time & allow someone or something to visit it, here's an even stranger thing, in that Edith Keeler dies & it was always going to be so as was the fact that BONES would head into Earth's history & KIRK and SPOCK would head back to rescue him, strangely it was ALL AS SHOULD BE.

In other words even if there are TIME TRAVELLERS in this non linear time THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN & DONE WHATEVER was supposed to.

It's a STRANGE CONCEPT isn't it?

But maybe there are ways around it? or maybe if on this PATH all is SET in STONE & then we come to...so...

Does that mean that when we DIE we actually do still EXIST in this BUBBLE of TIME to play over the same roles & scenarios? to visit the same places on our Holidays? if so there are people in TIME (both past, present & future) who did not get the good end of the stick & will FOREVER be hit by POVERTY, ILLNESS, TORTURE and the like...that DOES NOT SEEM FAIR but as this film ARRIVAL seems to say...

THERE are (Hopefully) MOMENTS in TIME (even if short & glimpsing) that fingers crossed makes it worth it for EACH & EVERYONE of US.

Be GOOD folks (schmaltzy I know but what's the point in being a D. . K like Trump, he's about as FAKE as the FAKE News he keeps going on about, after that Saudi Guy's horrible demise, he changed tact so many times it became too funny, of course in the end (just like BUSH) it came down to MONEY...they invest so much in this country of ours 500 million!, next day 600 million, 200 Billion or whatever it was...yeah MONEY is so much more important than PEOPLE & LIVES :evil: )

And if living in Non Linear time we'll get this BOZO again ;) along with PUTIN :whistle: & everyone else that ONLY craves POWER & MONEY.

I hope we'll figure it out.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
2 months 3 weeks ago - 2 months 3 weeks ago #3764 by Paul Conway
Here's ONE for you...

IF? and it's still a BIG IF, we exist in this STRANGE Non Linear Time or a version similar to it...

Could it be that WE (Humans) from the FUTURE (so called) HAVE CREATED 'THE BIG BANG' to bring OURSELVES into EXISTANCE (even if we were genetically altered to make us HUMAN at some point) or if not perhaps another SPECIES? a GOD LIKE one of course ;)

One for a SCIENCE FICTION film scenario perhaps?

It's right up there with Charlton Heston not realising he was back on EARTH in "Planet of the Apes" after a devastating NUCLEAR WAR had taken place which laid waste to everything & everyone (no doubt the ELITE survived underground & then finally realised WHAT THEY HAD DONE, who would do the crap tasks for them now? :lol: ) with that shot on the BEACH of the STATUE of LIBERTY being a classic moment in film.

Actually, for anyone that watched the BRILLIANT JJ Abrahms SCIENCE FICTION Series "Fringe"
In the final season they showed a similar scenario (kind of:) ) in which those MEN IN BLACK seen throughout the series, tweaking things here & there with what seemed like a pre-determined action were seen CREATING THE BIG BANG...and although they were not us (if I remember right? they were similar to us but from another alternative dimension)

MAKES ya think don't it....Can you imagine that being the lead news story...

It's been reported & confirmed that a TIME TRAVEL on & from EARTH's FUTURE has confirmed we are on a pre-determined path & THAT WE (Humans) or a SPECIES (we shall Encounter) CREATED Our own UNIVERSE to make sure we came into EXISTANCE...NOW WHAT ? :)
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #3765 by Paul Conway
Did we use a more advance CERN to do so? ;)

I know most unlikely but an INTERESTING what if? right? after all they HAVE now amazingly FOUND the 'GOD PARTICLE' & no doubt they will want to capture one at some point in the future but to do what with it? let's say create US (we created OURSELVES, can you imagine that?)