"THE FIRST" on CHANNEL 4...Good? or Not?

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
2 months 3 weeks ago #3766 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: "THE FIRST" on CHANNEL 4...Good? or Not?
Anyone in the UK watch this on Channel 4 last night?

I'm convinced a drama series based on the Kardashians would bring about more interest right now than anything SPACE related (almost certainly WHY Lunar Mission One has failed to gain much interest...It's TIME will come but sadly for all of us that paid into this adventure, it looks like being (sadly) a failed one? so certain am I at this stage that I still haven't posted what it is I want sent to the moon...but HEY maybe LM1 will pull a rabbit out of the hat & at least be able to deliver our photo's & data up there (still hoping DAD's DNA Hair strand paid for will make it though?) with another mission? one can only HOPE!) so I don't hold out much hope for this doing that well (in terms of viewing figures) but was it good anyway?

It's in 8 parts (and here's a spoiler from what little I know about this series) . . .
This first season (they're optimistic then :) ) will concentrate on a 2nd team being put together & training for the delayed mission due to what happened in this 1st episode, it's really a DRAMA (and they piled it on thick here in this first episode didn't they?) about RELATIONSHIPS with what sounds like just a backdrop of Space Exploration...so...

EPISODE 1

Not a bad beginning, clearly mirroring previous Shuttle disasters & the HORROR of such a things & the effects it had on these families but also mainly Sean Penn's character who clearly trained to go on this 1st Mission to MARS with them (but for whatever reason? did NOT get to go, THAT will be revealed in the next 7 episodes) along with the CEO of this aerospace company (with NASA's help) sound like anyone? (ELON MUSK?) and she tries to deal with this by just getting her head down...

It was all rather heavy handed I thought.

His daughter (has troubles) she's showed up at his home just after this disaster & the CEO has troubles holding it all together.

To be honest it was neither GOOD nor BAD, OK would sum up this 1st episode.

After reading it would be mainly EARTH based & focus on DRAMA Characterisation I thought nah (a MARS Mission but one that features little if no Mars in this 1st season is RISKY)

Good actors but it's all a bit Melodramatic.

I'll give it another few episodes but I can see myself bailing out of this one...

A better bet for those of you like me that likes ADVENTURE & DISCOVERY on MARS might want to check out the French Sci-Fi effort in 10 parts (lasting only 24 minutes per episode) called "MISSIONS" on BBC4 which was a very good attempt at doing something a little bit different.
I read a Season 2 had been made or was in the process of being made? but will the BBC think it a good idea to air it in the UK as it's probably only the likes of I that watched this first season but i'd guess it ends up being a lot better than "THE FIRST" which is going to take it's time to get that 1st Man or Woman onto the Red Planet.

They already made one mistake at the beginning here...SHOWING 'Mars' with a Red, Pinkish SKY (as you folks might know, although many will find it a surprising fact...MARS SKIES are BLUE...I know!!! Incredible, the PLANET only looks Red due to the surface but if you were on the surface of Mars & looked up it would be amazingly BLUE)

If 'MISSIONS' is not for you or you can no longer find it then might I point you in the direction of a VERY UNDERRATED film to MARS called...
"MISSION to MARS"
It's not your ordinary mission either, plenty happens before this 2nd mission in the film even sets off...GREAT OPENING with Dust Devils but then we get a heart wrenching scene (after another disaster) & then we get the kind of story I LOVE...

Very 2001'ish

A major DISCOVERY upon MARS.

Well when you've seen the photographic close up's of this PLANET I've seen you can ONLY THINK yup...something's happened up there on that red planet (not too far from us) even if you think that so called Martian Sphinx is simply a curiously shaped Rock? may I nudge you into looking to the LEFT of this...to that cleared AREA (curious for starters) then come forward from this & head left a little more...

There you WILL find STRANGENESS, including what clearly look like RUINS (I think you know by now...i'm NOT even kidding) & plenty more in & around this Area, should a PRIVATER be able to take a SPACECRAFT & Land in and among this lot YOU & THE WORLD would be SHOCKED & AMAZED...there even appears to be a raised, enclosed area which shows structures so clearly NOT rocks!!! it's laughable)
But who am I to say such things??? i'm no one, KEEP TRUSTING NASA.
Just don't expect to see the ROVER or any rover head close & among this area anytime soon...that would SPOIL their SECRETS.

They're sure gonna look pretty darn silly in years to come though, although no doubt they have already crafted a STORY as to how they shall EXPLAIN it all away should it come to light.

Good film this, check it out, as for THE FIRST? not sure will give it another week or two but it looks like it's going to be LONG & DRAWN OUT, Chris Hadfield (brilliant in the British YOU WANT to be an ASTRONAUT series) was I've read an advisor, so hopefully we get some interesting situations rather than just him feeding his dog, helping his daughter & getting angry with the CEO...but we'll see.

Would LOVE to show Chris Hadfield or for that matter Tim Peak or even Brian Cox all the photo's I've posted up here previously & ask them to EXPLAIN THEM? would they be HONEST? they seem like DECENT, HONEST Types, it would be interesting.
I'd LOVE for the BEEB to Investigate ALL these Mysteries & put it to these guys but they would probably swerve the invitation?

I mean...
How do you EXPLAIN away that STRUCTURE that can clearly be seen on that APOLLO 17 video (behind the Rover in the distance)

or The SQUARE SHAPED!!! square shaped :) yes really, STRUCTURE sitting in the middle of a small crater upon CERES.

A photograph taken by APOLLO 17 of a Triangular structure (twice) once on the surface of the Moon & another hovering above it (in front of them) with what looks very much like a Pyramid like structures upon it :whistle:
You could not make this stuff up...and I HAVE NOT DONE SO.

Let's add...
An APOLLO 17 Astronaut who had a wrist notebook OPENED UP at one point in the mission on the MOON showing MULTIPLE, NUMEROUS STRUCTURES (now call me CRAZY? but what in the world is such a page doing in there, opened up whilst they are ON the MOON? I ask you?)

COMET 67P
It had a BEAUTY of a SPACECRAFT close to it which was LONG, thin, seemed to have segment sections along it's length & 2 lit up sections at either end...no reflection, no artefact (hell of an artefact if so :P ) there's other numerous strange things about comet 67p too.

MARS...well see above for just a few of the mysteries (right out of a science fiction discovery film) awaiting the truth from the only sources that could do so (many of us ALREADY KNOW as it's so plainly OBVIOUS)

Even SPACE itself (CLOSE to PLANET EARTH) shows things that just cannot be explained away by the rather idiotic explanation of ICE CRYSTALS (although GOD BLESS Tim Peak on the One Show for giving us a super twist on that explanation that many folks that didn't know would think was genuine...strange thing is...it kinda is, he was NOT lying, we do get ice crystals & we do get them that do what he did) BUT we don't get them that do the things in the video's I have previously showed you here...

Ice Crystals THE SIZE of SHIPS passing by the International Space Station.

Shuttle Missions showing HUGE craft heading in all directions, at various speeds, clearly under power & circling that broken tether in STS-75 mission...to insist that ALL of those were ICE CRYSTALS is insulting (many of us so called ordinary folks are probably as intelligent as some of those that work at NASA, we just never got that chance to get into their positions, then again i'm one of the RARE, GOOD & HONEST TYPES, in other words very UN-HUMAN like ;) )

Yep I've listed many of them again...

And that's just the things I've seen, found & discovered from NASA / ESA Missions but there are things I've seen personally, things SO STRANGE that can only lead to one conclusion & then there is a DARK SECRET I hold, one that would SHOCK, it would scare a good many I bet but hey if it happened, nothing I could do about it, Get on with it, would have preferred an EXPLANATION though?

You folks up there know what I am talking about ;)