PROFESOR HAWKING even in DEATH is still HELPING...Auction makes £1.8 Million!

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
2 months 2 weeks ago #3782 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: PROFESOR HAWKING even in DEATH is still HELPING...Auction makes £1.8 Million!
I have GREAT RESPECT for Professor Stephen Hawking (who in the World doesn't?)
Even after death he is still helping us (CHARITIES) as 22 items owned by him were recently auctioned off at Christie's for £1.8 million pounds!!!

One of his "EXPANDED UNIVERSES" Thesis (1 of only 5) sold for almost £600,000.

And one of his early WHEELCHAIRS made a whopping almost £300,000.
Many that saw the incredibly moving film "The Theory of Everything" will know it might be that wheelchair that was so very important to him.

So if these prices were realised for these items...

Just HOW MUCH for is later ICONIC powered Wheelchair with VOICE BOX attached ?

Wow! can you imagine the PRICE this thing would bring about?

This could well be the most important person in SCIENCE since Albert Einstein so that wheelchair with Voice Box machine being so truly ICONIC could bring MILLIONS???

Now where I a Multi-Millionaire (Dream on Chris but hey as you know MONEY's NOT EVERYTHING, something the ELITE will never realise so in many ways your richer than they ;) ) and by Multi-Millionaire were talking 100 Million plus (so the true rich, famous & powerful) then I would HAPPILY be WILLING to pay 2 Million Pounds for this set-up...would it make more? looking at the figures for these pieces you would surely have to think it to be very possible?

i'd BUY it or TRY to buy it but then (after obviously insuring it) I would LOAN IT OUT to UK Schools & Universities as I would LOVE for these folks to get UP CLOSE & PERSONAL to something that was clearly important to this creative & intelligent man.

Should it ever become available to buy I am sure it could make an AMAZING PRICE? and should the family ever do so hopefully it will be a WIN / WIN ? they get money to do some good with perhaps? and the RICH Guy/Woman or GROUP that purchases could HOPEFULLY use it in a POSITIVE WAY? rather than simply adding to their own personal collection (hey they'll have the JOY of owning something TRULY ICONIC but it could trigger some of these young minds that would get close up to it)

Good news for CHARITIES.