Website Feedback and Reporting Problems

• Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 7 months ago #1058 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Hi Mike, re your question around moderators. personally I do look at the forum as a whole at the moment. However as the site gets bigger and more popular I might have to revisit that. At the moment I can't say we are over burdened as this is a very smooth running forum in terms of the users participation.

Hopefully there will be some backend enhancements to the forum soon which could make the idea of mods flagging great ideas easier.

My other signature is much better than this one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 7 months ago #1065 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Hi Martin, I think you've hit the nail on the head. Scalability is everything when it comes to a project like this. Let's hope those improvements come soon :)

You might like to review a post I made over on the hints thread in answer to a post from Chris Perkins - strictly speaking the conversation should be placed in this area (Website feedback). I'm not sure whether you can move that across?:

lunarmissionone.com/index.php/forum/gene...s.html?start=12#1062
More
3 years 6 months ago #1215 by LM1geadmin
LM1geadmin replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Hi all,
Thank you everyone for your comments and I hope that any issues you may be finding are not too significant to stop you enjoying and contributing to the site.

We must comment on the great job that the moderators are doing on this forum and they have been bringing up any major issues with us. We will be making tweaks and changes (as well as adding lots of content) over the coming weeks and months so I will be dropping into this thread every day or so to try to answer any questions that you might have.

Thank you,
LM1 Web tech team
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 4 months ago #1458 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Just one minor thing I noticed on the "Send yourself to the Moon" page. For the prizes the prices are the wrong way round:

1st Prize: 200MB Digital Memory Box (worth over 100USD)
2nd Prize: 100MB Digital Memory Box (worth over 500 USD)
3rd Prize: 50MB Digital Memory Box (worth over 250USD)

I'm guessing 200MB is meant to be the 500 USD, 100MB to be 250USD and 50MB to be 100USD.

Interesting to see the values and of MB though. For me this should be fine but if people are wanting HD videos they could be potentially forking 4 digit numbers unless there's a lot of compression or something in future. Anyway to be fair that's expected this is the moon it's going to after all. It wont be cheap/

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela Lamont
  • Angela Lamont
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • LM1 Founding Trustee
More
3 years 4 months ago #1464 by Angela Lamont
Angela Lamont replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Ha! Thank you Eagle-eye Fawkes - we had a problem with the copy on this one where we spotted an error, corrected it...and then somehow the original copy escaped into the world! Sorry.
It should read 1000USD! As for explaining the MB prices...all will become clear at the end of September :o)

Please encourage any youngsters you know to enter our competition - it would be lovely to have entries from our existing supporters' families as well as from World Space Week fans etc.

Wisdom is what you realise to be true about 20 years after someone older and wiser tried to tell you...
More
3 years 4 months ago #1467 by Darryl James Cooper
Darryl James Cooper replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
The Club section is not recognising me as a club member and is asking me to subscribe. It will not let me access the newsletters, interviews, etc despite being logged in.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.”
Dr. Carl Sagan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela Lamont