• Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #446 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa created the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
This topic is to report feedback and issues that you observe at www.lunarmissionone.com that could be improved. These might be editorial inaccuracies, typos, misaligned graphic elements, page errors, usability problems (not being able to get somewhere or do something easily), and accessibility issues (for example, not being able to view certain parts of a page using a particular device).

Here are three simple steps to take when you report an issue:

1. State the full URL in your post. For example www.lunarmissionone.com/index.html (copy the URL from your browser address bar and paste this into your post). If you have observed the issue across the site, please express this.

2. State the location on the page where the element is causing difficulties. For example: second paragraph, first sentence.

3. Make a suggestion to improve the problem. For example: "Welcome to this websight..." should read "Welcome to this website...".

Providing feedback about this site and space store is a way for the community to make a significant contribution to the success of Lunar Mission One - the site is critical in providing information about the project, encouraging support, providing the context for community participation, and for generating revenue. So if you spot something that could be made better on the site, don't ignore it, report it here.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin P
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #451 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Here are two examples of providing feedback about this site. Note that these might be corrected once you get to read this in future.

1. The first concerns a relatively minor cosmetic issue which does not affect the smooth running of the site. When viewing this site on a PC or Mac browser with a window that is smaller than 950 pixels, the top navigation should not create a second column before it switches to the mobile friendly drop down:

2. This is an example of a usability issue which is critical. When viewing this site on a PC or Mac browser with a window that is smaller than 950 pixels (also applies to iPads and some tablets) some sub-menus are not visible. As an example, mouse over the top navigation Community > Collaborate and Innovate > Go to the Project Labs:

Now re-size your browser window so that is a little smaller than 950 pixels. Note how the sub-menu "Go to the Project Labs" is not visible to the right of Collaborate and Innovate.

Attachments:
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #452 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Mike,

Unless you have an objection I am changing this to a sticky topic?

My other signature is much better than this one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stavy
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
More
3 years 8 months ago #453 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Hi Martin, I think that makes a lot of sense as this is a great way the community can make an important contribution to the project.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin P
More
3 years 8 months ago #454 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
Thanks Guys,

Really useful. B)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
More
3 years 8 months ago #578 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Website Feedback and Reporting Problems
I have noticed in the last few hours that pages are taking ages to load. Anyone else having the same problem? I'm on a fibre optic superfast broadband connection, using a high spec machine, and have no trouble on any other sites... please add yourselves here if it is a problem for you..

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]