Hints for New Forum Members

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #57 by arty49
arty49 replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Hi all,
Editing one's profile !
The edit button is almost invisible on the orange strip.Its on the right hand side in light blue.
Make sure your wearing your glasses or you'll never see it.
:blush:
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by arty49.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #66 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
So, that was one tiny (url) jump for LM-1 members but one huge opening up to the World!

And WOW! your so much better than last weeks room.
Ladies & Gentlemen...WE'RE HOME :cheer:
Glad to see old faces...Mike, some great info already, Stavy I love your Gif.

There are so many different forums and already far more messages...This is gonna be FUN!

For you Film Fans out there you might want to watch a nice little film tonight (well early
tomorrow morning...2.50am Thursday on C4) it's called "Adam" and although not my
normal kind of film it has charm and wit and the delightfully lovely Rose Byrne.

Thought I'd finish with this fun little one on one with Andrew Neal (political interviewer)
and Labour's Harriot Harman I saw on Tv...

Mr Neil "Where's Ed's Stone?"
Harriot "Erm, I don't know"
Mr Neal "Maybe Nicola Sturgeon has it and is writing her Terms & Conditions on the back of it"

This tickled me...very witty and kinda funny (the MADNESS ends or more likely is just beginning)
tomorrow...Let's just hope the result is the best for the majority of those living in Britain ;)
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Paul Conway.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry, Angela Lamont
More
3 years 8 months ago #67 by chris perkins
chris perkins replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Many thanks Mike and great to see some familiar names - Onwards and upwards LM1 ;)
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #69 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
I agree Paul this is going to be fun.

I can see this forum getting very busy and very soon!!

My other signature is much better than this one!
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago #86 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Indeed Martin, can you imagine the posts once this goes BIG.
Looking forward to it...The web designers have done a splendid job, most impressive.
I was a moderator on the old MSN Movie Boards back in the 90's and they looked nothing like this :P
More
3 years 8 months ago #102 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Using the different topics.

I know that at the moment we are all giddy with excitement over our shiny new forum and posting left right and centre willy nilly... But it's worth taking time to get familiar with where everything goes. When this gets bigger, and it will, trust auntie Stavy, it will be a mess.

Please try to put your posts in the right sections so they don't go wildly off topic and derail the original poster's intent.

For instance... This thread is to put in helpful tips for people using the forum, not which movie to watch tonight... Yes Paul I mean you :)

When in doubt stick it in general chat and if there is a better place for it, one of the mods will move it over for you.

I hate to be coming over all wicked witch of the west already, but if we don't nip it in the bud now there will be chaos. It's not a telling off, it's housekeeping. Please try and stay on topic. We are all guilty of it, including me, but we can try and reduce the effect.

Paul, why not start a thread in gen chat to discuss all things movie? I am sure it will become the busiest spot on the board :)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawkes