Stavy replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Uploading images from your pc/laptop

click 'add file' where it says 'attachments' under the message posting box
find the file you want to upload on your hard drive
File name will appear inthe box next to ttachments along with three buttons
Add File, Remove File, Insert
click on 'insert'
repeat for any other images you want to add
click on 'remove file' to take out any you don't want to upload.
click 'Submit'.

click on 'insert' button >
Submit.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 8 months ago #358 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Changes Notification: new hints for uploading images are added and general edits are made to the main hints post.
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #450 by Mike de Sousa
Changes Notification: Beware of Removing All Your Images From a Post! Review the first post in this topic for details.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
More
3 years 8 months ago #825 by Mike de Sousa
Changes Notification: expanded the section Changing Your "username".

Review the first post in this topic for details.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doug
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1060 by chris perkins
chris perkins replied the topic: Hints for New Forum Members
Hi Folks
Not sure if many of you have been to the Labs? Here is a quick link. You need to Log in again, unfortunately the log in from the main site does not carry over to the labs?
innovate.lunarmissionone.com/

Chris
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by chris perkins.
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1062 by Mike de Sousa
Hi Chris, that's interesting. I wondered at first whether you gleaned the URL from a video, but I see a login for the LM1 Labs is available - I don't recall seeing that in the past, or perhaps I'd simply assumed it wasn't functioning as I'd already logged in :) It seems LM1 may either be doing a soft launch, or they've inadvertently set things live for the public at a point when they're still working on things - and you've found a workaround with the double login.

Right now it appears the Labs is essentially a closed forum for LM1 Club members. This is not something I was expecting. Something I've asked since Kickstarter days is to understand what distinguishes the forum and labs. I've never really been clear. Is the function of the forum essentially a proving ground for the Labs? Is it intended to only be a place for informal and social chat? Perhaps it was conceived of as a wholly managed community context, however the tools that are available at present to moderators and members place a break on that goal (no moderator forum, no private messaging, no chat etc.).

It has eventually dawned on me as to why there should be a public and private context - although I'm not sure LM1 sees it the same way as I'll express here. I view the forum is an open access LM1 community-centred destination. Conversations on the forum encourage general participation. In contrast, the Labs is a private context, and is therefore closely aligned directly with the development of the project. Some of the conversations on the Labs will be very technical or may need to be private - for example, perhaps a marketing plan is being discussed that the project doesn't want widely discussed.

My concern is that from what I see so far, there appears to be little motivation for members to post project-centred suggestions and content to the forum once more come to know of the Labs (and presuming the current presentation of the Labs continues). I'm personally not sure where to post now! So, I'll keep posting on the forum until there's clarification, as this is the place we all have access to the conversation :)

Given that the forum is viewable to the public (and search engines as no login is required to view content) the forum has, in my view, a hugely significant role in inspiring others to jump on board and to discover the passions and interests of the community's members. The open forum also encourages suggestions and engagement from members of the public who are evaluating LM1 Club membership and provides a broader context for discussion. Visitors may be asking themselves: "is this for me?", "who is interested in this project?", "Do I want to get involved?". The forum provides a means of dipping a toe into the water.

The forum also allows those who cannot afford LM1 membership to contribute their ideas and suggestions, and that's something I personally believe is invaluable. It's very important that those nuggets of gold aren't missed by the project, and that could happen if the forum is viewed of as "lighter" than the Labs...

There have been many invaluable conversations and contributions on this forum over the last month, and yet I see the start of some of those same conversations on the Labs - only not nearly as well developed... How can this be avoided so people don't re-invent the wheel and are motivated to post to the Labs?

I had assumed the Labs would be led by the LM1 team. If it uses a forum model as the foundation structure (which I think is possible to do well), then I would have thought the permissions to define topics would be limited to the LM1 team to lead and comment on. At present anyone can define a topic which makes it fundamentally no different to the existing open forum except that you need to be an LM1 Club member, and that the Board structure is defined by LM1...

The community here on the open forum has the opportunity to provide feedback about the site - and now that it is possible to login to the Labs, it would be helpful to make our observations and comments known to LM1 about this as well. Has anyone else anything they would like to add to my comments about the strengths of the Forum / Labs model as it is currently presented? What were your expectations? And how might it be improved and built upon?
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris perkins