"ARRIVAL" a CLASSIC Movie? The Time Aspect gives it added DEPTH for sure.

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
5 months 5 days ago #3666 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: "ARRIVAL" a CLASSIC Movie? The Time Aspect gives it added DEPTH for su
I am a huge fan of SPACE EXPLORATION Movies...

Of which the BEST for me are...

"2001 : A Space Odyssey" (my father saw this in LONDON on a HUGE wrap around screen & it left an impression on him & later i)

"Interstellar" Another with an interesting more out there aspect of time, one that is even more INCREDIBLE but which packs an EMOTIONAL punch.

"Star Trek : The Motion Picture" Sadly regarded by many Trek & SF fans as boring, that's a shame, it's far more interesting than they give it credit or not as the case may be, yes the discovery of the VOYAGER probe is to many a gimmick but the idea is an interesting one...
HEAD OUT THERE & DISCOVER ALL THAT YOU CAN...the re-fit of the Enterprise & tour of it (Again boring to some, is Delightful to me)
And at the end of this movie they even ponder...Space the final frontier? well, MAYBE NOT, we have much to learn!

"Mission to Mars" This is a film that may well (in time) be found to be closer to the truth than many realise!
It's a well made film, it tugs at the heartstrings (well this one's anyway) & features a delightful & I will admit tearful ending for me.
I think the word is Perigola? a rock or mountain side which shows shapes looking like a face or wall or such like, well, sadly NASA uses this word rather too often (they have used again on Mars recently with a section looking like Becker from The Muppets :) but actually this is probably a correct one), MARS as I & others (on YouTube) have tried to show HAS Structures...which have NOT been formed naturally, in fact they seem to be just about everywhere we visit in Our Solar System now (you can see why I LOVE Space Adventure films now can't you...ones that could have a chance of actually happening? or have already happened ;))

I mention this a lot but these are not things that look like things...THESE ACTUALLY ARE THINGS...and yes I refer you to PLUTO yet again, a small rocky outcrop upon this place looking like Great Britain in miniature but along it's entire length there is NOTHING but STRUCTURES.
100% certain am i, so much so I will be truly shocked to my core to discover I'm wrong should that other mission head there with a Rover, if they don't already know about this? & they DO but somehow they've missed it...BOY are they in for one hell of a SHOCK!

Note to NASA...or any private Mission or even a shout out to those up there protecting OUR SPACE...Any chance of a SURPRISING invitation to head there for a REAL MISSION of DISCOVERY?

Maybe my brain sees things differently? certainly, there has been no news conference about this area on PLUTO (no surprise really) but it's the likes of THE SKY AT NIGHT, HORIZON, programmes of this ilk that I can't understand why they have not highlighted ALL those Structures & Objects here on PLUTO....ah well...hopefully someone will read this in the future & might just say...poor fella, he knew but never got the confirmation in his lifetime ARGHHH.

Unless they (NASA & they're like perhaps DESTROY it...well they did bomb an Area upon the Moon where a Square Base was discovered & upon Mars I think I have discovered ROCKET Components close to that so called SPHINX...Ancient rocket components? well it's said a huge EVENT caused MARS to lose it's Atmosphere & Water (and who knows what kind of weapons if any? they had) but something drastic happened there many moons ago, if from us on EARTH trying to BLAST AWAY Ancient Other worldly Structures? then HOW SAD is that?

SOLARIS is another interesting attempt but that's no so much a Space Exploration movie & I still haven't quiet made up my mind about that one.
2010 (the sequel to 2001 is surprisingly good given the GENIUS of Kubrick's original)
Even SPHERE...the Dustin Hoffman film which whilst not a SPACE EXPLORATION film plays out as an ALIEN SHIP Discovery film here on EARTH until it sadly becomes a bit of a mess in the final 40 minutes or so but not before telling us that this might have been ????

Which brings me to my subject matter film "ARRIVAL"

I LOVED it when I first saw it, saw it for a 2nd time some months ago...and YES if anything it becomes more clearer & BETTER.

Now you might think but wait this isn't a SPACE EXPLORATION film? and your right but it's a curious & quiet brilliant FLIP SIDE version of 2001.

I LOVE "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" & always will (those rumours of Mr Steven Spielberg being shown ACTUAL FOOTAGE of an UFO landing at a USA Air Force Base & 3 aliens stepping out I find exciting!) but ARRIVAL is a deep thinker...it really does get you thinking over things.
So yes whilst not a SPACE Adventure it is a HUMAN EXPLORATION film & that TIME aspect brought into this film gives us a 2 for 1 film.

I said previously HOW could a woman give birth to a child KNOWING that it will suffer & die, I found this ending difficult to wrap my head around & then you see THAT downplayed but utterly SUPERB Opening shot & Voice over by AMY ADAMS...you know, the one that goes something like...
I used to think that this was just the beginning...

And then I READ this on a badly constructed web page but it matches much of my own thoughts but expands on them a little more making me realise that there could be something in the fact knowing what she knows she still goes on to bring this little life into the world.

This is a film which works on many levels...

Close Encounters may always be my CHRISTMAS EVE Movie of choice but i'm making way for a Double-Bill with this exceptionally crafted film (the director who go on to make the sequel to a classic 'Blade Runner' & amazingly would match it)

Can you imagine if you already knew the answer to the question you asked.

TIME as "ARRIVAL" suggests could be even more interesting & of more importance than SPACE itself...but damn if I don't LOVE these SPACE EXPLORATION movies.

I LOVED the EXPLANATION for this film that I saved it to make it more READABLE & because i'm a friendly chappie here it is for you folks to ponder & discuss with your friends & family (it may well make you see the film in a different light?)

ENJOY...it's a little LONG but not too much,worth it though (especially if you have already seen the film & like I LOVED IT?)
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
5 months 5 days ago #3667 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: "ARRIVAL" a CLASSIC Movie? The Time Aspect gives it added DEPTH for su
ARRIVAL's ENDING EXPLAINED...

Arrival presents many clues without revealing its hidden truth until the film's conclusion.
The success of the movie’s masterful storytelling is owed to director Denis Villeneuve and author Ted Chiang,
whose sci-fi novella “Story of Your Life,” served as the film's source material. Chiang’s narrative nominates a linguist,
Louise Banks (Amy Adams), to decipher the otherworldly language of the Heptapods, an alien race who has descended across the earth.
As the international community grows increasingly alarmed by their presence, and foreign and domestic armies prepare for retaliation,
Louise is tasked with the unenviable responsibility of peacefully communicating with the Heptapods before global violence eclipses the conversation.

Since Arrival premiered at the Toronto Film Festival, it has been widely praised as one of the best science fiction movies in decades.
In addition to exceeding box office expectations, Villeneuve’s movie has earned the respect of critics and audiences for its mature and thought-provoking
approach to the genre.
As the enigmatic story unfurls, Arrival reveals some paradoxical twists and a disarmingly emotional ending.
There’s a lot to unpack from the movie, so we’re here to help clarify some of the story’s most pressing questions.

WHO ARE THE ALIENS ?

Despite the foreboding news reports and hasty military intervention, it is eminently clear that the “arrived” are non-aggressive beings.
If they sought to punish planet earth, they would have already done it.
Despite landing in a group of twelve, the alien spacecraft leave no emissions or radioactive signs of inter-communication between ships.
They have no "footprint," as modern environmentalists might say.
Like a giant, obsidian contact-lens, these airborne monoliths have clearly come to earth for one reason: to communicate.
They even have visiting hours established where interested parties can enter into the ship through a fascinating zero-gravity portal.

While the rest of the world scrambles to interact with their own local Heptapods, Louise, Ian Donnelly (Jeremy Renner) and Colonel Weber (Forest Whitaker)
focus their attention on the one that landed in Montana.
After making first contact with the aliens, Ian finds himself increasingly persuaded by Louise’s linguistic gifts, naming the Heptapods after the legendary
comic duo, Abbott and Costello.
Through a variety of visual aids and mechanisms, Louise and Ian struggle to identify “Who’s On First?” as they build a pathway to communicating with the aliens.

WHAT DO THEY WANT ?

As Abbott and Costello grunt with their whale-like sounds and emit ink-laden symbols, it becomes clear that their language is a world apart from our own.
Because the Heptapods perceive time non-linearly, their language becomes an increasingly difficult lexicon to crack.
As the film's promotional posters and every onscreen member of the armed services ask, "Why Are They Here?"
It's the primary reason Colonel Weber hired Louise in the first place.

After the death of Abbott (which Costello describes as "death process,” affirming the Heptapod’s non-linear perception of time),
he reveals to Louise that the Heptapods will need earth’s help in 3,000 years.
Though we never learn more about the nature of the threat, Costello clarifies the earlier confusion over the “weapon” he discussed with Louise.
Less a tool of force and more of a gift of understanding, Costello lays the groundwork for the Heptapods’ future alliance with mankind by helping Louise
learn their language.
When she visits Costello by herself, wading in the murky atmosphere of the ship, she absorbs the total understanding of Costello’s form of communication,
viewing time from the same omnipresent perspective of the Heptapods.

WHAT IS THE ALIENS GIFT ?

Given the impending doom of which Costello warns (with non-linear time, 3,000 years is just seconds away), he and the other 11 Heptapod hosts intend to impart
their nonlinear perception of time to all of mankind.
It’s implied that the universal “invasion” was intended to serve as a twelve-point dissemination for the Heptapod language.
Despite their best efforts at executing this global diaspora, only Louise proved accessible and humble enough to actually listen and learn it.

Along with the American soldiers planting explosives in Abbott and Costellos' ship, the rest of the world congress elected to take a more bellicose approach to
the Heptapods, completely missing the truth of the aliens' benevolent mission.
While the rest of the world sees them as a clear and present danger, Louise has effectively had her mind rewired to speak the limitless language of the aliens
and break the human boundaries of time.
She is the Heptapods' only hope.

HOW DOES IT WORK ?

Arrival treads lightly with explaining the machinery of the Heptapods’ nonlinear language and perception of time.
While the details of the mechanics are largely left to our imagination (after all, it is Louise the linguist's story, and not Ian the scientist's),
Villeneuve and Chiang do allude to several key components:

Sapir-Whorf Hypothesis: Much is made about the Sapir-Whorf hypothesis in both Arrival and modern academia.
The well-worn hypothesis suggests that the language we speak is inimitably tied to the reality we experience.
Midway through the film, Ian asks Louise if she dreams in foreign languages, and indeed, the more she understands the Heptapods’ communication, the more she
experiences waking visions of her future.
The dream world merges with a flat chronology that irrevocably changes her perception of time and memory.

Nonlinear Orthography: Arrival screenwriter, Erik Heisserer, admitted he never expected the phrase, “nonlinear orthography,” would make it off the film’s cutting room
floor. Instead, this linguistic expression is essential to understanding the nature of the Heptapods’ language and the symbols they use to communicate.

Part of Louise and Ian’s initial difficulty in translating Abbott and Costello stemmed from their own well-entrenched mode of language.
We write and speak sentences in a literal line (usually from left to right), where the images we depict are dependent on the way we order our words.
The Heptapods, however, rely on a form of semiotic communication that tells a full story unbound by time in one fell swoop.
Indeed, the ends of their circular symbols never fully touch, perhaps implying the infinite possibilities inherent in their mode of communication.
It’s no wonder, then, that the Russians were sorely confused by their local Heptapods who said...
“There is no Time” Unfortunately, their linguists ignored the simplest explanation of all: that the Heptapods meant the phrase literally & that their form of
communication is utterly independent from the human construct of time.
They communicate across the temporal sphere, and their language is unbound by the past, present or future.
By this point, it’s abundantly clear that the only person better suited to the job than Louise is Mr. Rust Cohle himself.

ARRIVAL'S TWIST & TIME TRAVEL...

"THE ARRIVAL ENDING EXPLAINED"

When Louise tells her daughter, Hannah, that her name is a palindrome (reads forward the same as back), she is also explaining the structure of Arrival.
When the movie begins, we are thrust into the bleak worldview of Louise and the subsequent illness and death of her child.
Framed with Terrence Malick-like photography and Max Richter’s haunting song, “On the Nature of Daylight,” we firmly believe we’re watching flashbacks of Louise’s
tragic past.
As it turns out, the palindromic function of the story tells us that these scenes of love and loss are neither flashback nor flashforward, but one in the same.
Thanks to the omnipresent perspective given to Louise, these sequences simply exist free from the constraint of time.

This is the paradox of Arrival, and arguably the most complex and mentally taxing part of the movie.
When Louise hijacks the military’s phone and contacts General Shang (Tzi Ma), she transcends the present to access future knowledge of a past event.
In talking the Chinese leader down, she repeats the final words of Shang’s dying wife: “War does not make winners, only widows.”
How did she gain such intimate knowledge? General Shang himself, having benefited from Louise’s warning, had to travel to the relative future himself and impart his
wife’s powerful words so the American linguist could use them to persuade him on the phone.

Louise’s prescience is the essential component to convince Shang of the Heptapods’ gift, of the relative nature of time & of the importance for the international
community to rally as one.

LOUISE’S CHOICE

Unshackled from the constraints of linear time, Louise experiences the breadth of her life in a single moment.
The flashbacks to the loss of Hannah are projections of what’s to come, though she feels the gravity of those moments in the now.
Louise’s choice, then, is to embrace the sum of her life regardless of the tragic moments within it.
Though the death of daughter and the abandonment of her husband sting her to her core, she accepts the knowledge of what’s to come knowing the beautiful moments
that accompany it.
While it may seem to be a deterministic (or perhaps fatalistic) tale, Arrival actually empowers Louise with the gift of free will and the option to choose her future.

By the same token, Louise also chooses to shield Ian that she knows their future child will die of cancer.
When he asks her if she wants to “make a baby,” she jumps at the proposition with every fiber of her being. Her joy, however, is underscored by great sadness,
knowing that when she eventually reveals her longstanding knowledge of Hannah's fate, Ian will crumble at her admission and leave her forever.
Though some may see Louise as a misguided soul, Villeneuve and Adams create a character emblematic of us all, as our greatest triumphs will ultimately result in the
same inescapable end.

On another note, it’s worth asking why Ian didn’t also inherit some of Louise’s consciousness, given the many weeks spent working alongside Abbott and Costello.

ARRIVAL

Though re-imagined by many, Ralph Waldo Emerson is the father of the phrase, “Life’s a Journey, not a Destination.”

In many ways, Arrival is a thoughtful adaptation of that adage.

Denis Villeneuve uses Louise as the audience surrogate, and as the Heptapod-like and omniscient director, he introduces us to a new prism by which we can better view
our own lives.
There is no salvation in this vantage point, nor protection from death.
Instead, Arrival asks a simple question: if you could view your life as an image, a story told in one nonlinear and infinite symbol, would you change it?

Louise hardly entertains the prospect, electing to embrace life for all of its myriad victories and losses,
knowing that the journey is worth far more than the final destination.

IN TIME WE LIVE FOREVER!
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
5 months 5 days ago - 5 months 5 days ago #3668 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: "ARRIVAL" a CLASSIC Movie? The Time Aspect gives it added DEPTH for su
So you see folks...IT'S ALL ABOUT THOSE MOMENTS in LIFE...we know we'll have BAD ONE's (tell me about it) but HOPEFULLY the majority of us will get some GOOD if not GREAT MOMENTS in TIME.

HANG ON TO THEM FOLKS, they will help you get through other points in time.

I feel for those that have fewer GOOD times than BAD, life I suppose.

IF? we do not DESTORY each other (we really are CRAZY...sounds like the Russians may well have launched a Laser or Sonic Weapon into SPACE? something strange is going on with it up there! it's only purpose if such a thing? to cause PAIN & DEATH)

We HUMANS are STUPID (re-phrase that...THOSE in CHARGE are STUPID)

As for Ian...why did he not receive the same powers as Louise? the question is asked below but it would seem it was ONLY for her after heading into the ship by herself...the pods ALREADY knew this right?

And well...If you already knew the Question you asked then you wouldn't have asked it in the first place.

I am sure I will DISCOVER even more interesting things within this movie.
This is a clever & intelligent director who may well have hidden a few other nuggets within it, just a matter of TIME before I perhaps find them, I seem to be finding a great deal out thesedays ;)

BE KIND, BE HAPPY & try to LEARN new things (if you can?)

Nice Poster here...
filmreviewonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Arrival-003.jpg

I always found the design of spacecraft OR time / interdimensional craft INTERESTING, flip it over to the right & what does it look like ?
Yup almost Saucer like, it really is an interesting film.

As for TIME?

What Is Linear Time vs. Nonlinear Time?

bigpicturequestions.com/what-is-linear-time-vs-nonlinear-time/

I recently asked once again what was that thing seen by multiple witnesses down in Cornwall about a year or so ago?

Here is a link to a series of shots showing the ARRIVAL ship leaving Earth...unlike the one at the end of the brilliant Close Encounters this one does not head out into Outer Space it simply dissolves away again, different and cool & yet might that thing in Cornwall be such a thing?
www.artofvfx.com/Arrival/Arrival_Framestore_ITW_07.jpg

So might this thing be similar to this?

I still have MANY QUESTIONS about this (strangely others including the MEDIA do not, WHY?)

It would seem to be genuine, as many different people filmed it from different areas around the town, ruins, beach, motorway so if a FAKE it's a very well organised & well done one...I believe it to be GENUINE but let's see....

WHAT COULD THIS BE?

Simply Strange Weather? if so surely we'd have seen it's like before (I've checked...and I've seen nothing like it yet on YOUTUBE)
Birds? I know what they mean & are referring to, you get thousands swarming around & making AMAZING shapes but 2 things...
The witnesses said it was NOT BIRDS but also watch the footage...these shapes almost disappear (as I have mentioned before you can't have a swath of birds disappearing & then reappearing it's just not possible) so I think we can rule this out too.
A strange Balloon or Aircraft or Drone? well I don't know about you but i'll NIX that one.
Hologram or Projection...THIS is the INTERESTING one, many of you folks probably won't know this but the MILITARY & others have put a lot of money into such things...perhaos to deceive ENEMIES but there have been these crazy rumours that the powers that be intended to use them (which are based in SPACE) to beam down interactive, realistic HOLOGRAMS / PROJECTIONS to cause a RED FLAG day to make it look like something SERIOUS is happening when it is not...SHOULD EVER A DAY EVER ARRIVE then we should NEVER FORGIVE THEM EVER!!!
It's not impossible that this is such a thing...a TEST perhaps but I think it could be one of these....

CAUTION (it involves ALIENS :) or TIME TRAVELLERS)

Could this INCREDIBLE FOOTAGE be showing us...

A MESSAGE from an Extra-Terrestrial Civilization? one making CONTACT like Arrival's aliens in the ship? the shapes here are CURIOUS.
I've tried to figure them out but it's difficult.

Now I know some of you may think I have a flight of fancy & i'm imagining or lying about my experiences & what I have discovered?
I can only tell you with all truthfulness that I am not...as honest as they come (if I don't say so myself) so when I ask might this be a PORTAL? it is because I have actually seen & photographed one in SPACE (which strangely enough I can only describe as looking like these aliens pictographs shown in the ship but this was out in space & was red...if I could upload photo's here I could show you...STRANGE HUH?)
Also, interestingly there is a strange red dot of an object close to it in my photo so that one may well be? but what about this? a PORTAL?

It could even be an INTER-DIMENSIONAL Ship? yes not from our reality as we know it but from somewhere else completely.
Time Travel TIMESLIP? what we are seeing is something from the FUTURE? or past for that matter!

Or it may well just be an ALIEN or HUMAN Spacecraft that has developed a fault with it's hidden cloaking system.

So which of that lot do you think this is?

The location is interesting...it's in a place where MANY PEOPLE are likely (and do) see it.
It seems to drift from this motorway area (assuming this is where it first showed up?) and drifts seaward towards the town & over the beach where one assumes it final disappears?
In which case might it have been an ATTEMPT to get a MESSAGE to we HUMANS?

Well there is 1 more thing...something I don't think many (if any?) have spotted...then again, I know where to look & what to look for at this stage :whistle: so if you open this link up full screen & you head to 3 mins 04 seconds exactly a SPHERE like object turns up just away from this strange changing object....

See the explanation up there? well just above the e of seen it shows up & then drops down incredibly quickly & if you use the stop & start you will see it heads off over to the right of the screen (after dropping down quickly)
Now what do you make of that?
Does not look like bird or aircraft...it's simply moving way too quickly, it could be connected? if so then it may well be a PORTAL similar to the one I spotted in or close to EARTH orbit in the NIGHT SKY.

And yet I still think this might be some of form of SIGNAL.

It's curious that this object moves across this town & yet remains the same AREA with all the changes going on within it, would that indicate a possible MESSAGE they are trying to convey?
I did notice that at some points it almost disappears entirely (2 mins 33 seconds) & yet just before this point it looks almost like the basic shape of HAN SOLO's Millienium Falcon, I know!!! just saying it as I see it, see if you don't think so at 2 mins 26 seconds, those 2 struts at the front of the Falcon are here & the curved sides...can't be that of course but WHAT IS THE MESSAGE? if such a thing?

Where's OUR LOUISE or IAN...I hoped it was he but i'm struggling.

Now also in this footage is another strange object close to it when passing over the towns streets...
2 minutes 43 seconds.
You will have to experiment (as I do) at stopping & starting the footage until you stop it at the right point but when you do so you will discover that another dark object appears close to this & this disappears just as quickly (I know about such things because we've taken both video & photographic evidence of such things so we know these things EXIST)
Objects in the sky that are there but are either so FAST or can disappear & re-appear in another area of the sky.

At the END of this FOOTAGE those folks on the BEACH are clearly GATHERED & can see this strange MORPHING like OBJECT (if it is indeed an object)
Last Edit: 5 months 5 days ago by Paul Conway.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
5 months 23 hours ago #3676 by Paul Conway
MY CONCLUSION...

These are NOT Birds.
NOT strange Weather...a type of tornado (perhaps involving water from the clouds / sea)
NO, I think it's 1 of 3 things (although 2 could be connected)

1) It's a MESSAGE SENT (a totally strange & alien looking one to us for sure) but from whom? and from where? who knows?
It could be ALIEN in nature but just as interesting it could also even be HUMAN in nature.
If such a thing? what is it trying to tell us? if you stop & start it there is a shape that curiously looks like Han Solo's most famous spaceship (coincidence I am sure but still a little strange)

2) It is a HUMAN Ship (highly advanced of course) or an ALIEN Ship.

3) It's a TIMESLIP, a message or craft of some kind (looking like it does is likely to have been cloaked but for whatever reason? by choice? or not has shown up over a motorway system, town & beach...curious)

I think I might conclude that it is 2 & 3.

Might this be a HUMAN Spacecraft or Ship from OUR FUTURE?

You might ask but why show up here? it's a good question & one I have no answer to.

The ONE truly STRANGE thing I (and YOU?) should have noticed is that this thing is slowly moving at a fairly low height distance but that it most certainly has a Designated Area...you can see (I think) if a ship of some kind? the ACTUAL SHAPE of this thing somewhat & the cloak or whatever is happening to it is disrupting parts of it's look, but it keeps these changes in shape within the confines of the basic curved oval shape as I can see it.

it's a remarkable collection of different video clips!

Was NEVER shown on mainstream British Tv (that I know of?) and that to me is also strange!
Even if you'd have thought this was some strange form of weather they would have shown something like this on Tv on the news or such like.
CURIOUS.

Had I been there in the car & it had stayed in view & over land I would have had to follow it to see what happened to it?

Did it simply restore it's cloaking ability or did it head somewhere else, did it land? did it (as so many do) head back to OUR CLOUDS or was it simply a high tech type of message?

it's a SHAME no one else has any thoughts here on such footage.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #3679 by Paul Conway
Back to some of the QUESTIONS posed by "ARRIVAL"

I Loved that my sister & I discussed this for hours afterwards & still do, she was wrong about the 2nd child but in a strange sort of way was right about Ian, they had met before (and she STRANGELY knew it when on that Helicopter...ain't that something???)

These craft in this quiet BRILLIANT film left no emissions (as one would expect from a more futuristic civilization)

No SIGN of COMMUNICATION between these 12 ships were picked by us (hence part of the storyline to try & get something from each ship individually)

I think many of us have wondered (with concerns to SETI & it's like) that of course it's possible that we might happen to get lucky & discover a signal from somewhere, a ship, a planet especially if that civilization is class 1 (just ahead of where we are) but assuming the majority are far more advanced than us? then...

They would be using communication & ways of communication we simply could not detect or even find (right now)

So it's no wonder we are coming up empty handed...IT IS NOT THAT THERE IS NO ONE or THING OUT THERE...they are just using equipment & wavelengths we have yet to discover...

That gives me HOPE that...if ALL those structures I think exist on all those bodies within our OWN SOLAR SYSTEM (would you believe it? ;) I know most of you don't, still hoping to convince some of you here one day :) )
But it always made sense to me that if? some of these places (even ONLY 1) had something still there, be it ON OUR MOON? MARS, CERES, COMET 67P, RYGU & of course my favourite place in our SS which is still doing me head as no one else can see it? or they can but are for some reason keeping quiet about it? WHY WOULD YOU KEEP QUIET about an area upon 'PLUTO' which looks like LITTLE BRITAIN :lol: that has...

STRUCTURES along it's entire length, shapes, domes, bridges, brackets, horse shoe shapes, courtyard areas with surrounding walls (even towers perhaps?) sculptures even (well even if not a sculpture THAT is something that in NO WAY COULD HAVE BEEN MADE by NATURAL EROSION, please someone call me out on that one??? not impossible it's something other than a sculpture of a face? I think it is but if not then IT IS STILL a remarkable STRUCTURE & one that has been MADE by someone or some thing)

No SIGNALS from these places? not totally a surprise if any are still there because they are probably using strange forms of communication.

I do wonder with this GUNG HO President in charge if such an event as seen here in ARRIVAL were to happen if he would order his military to SHOOT FIRST?
It's no wonder they are keeping their distance, they may have even created us but realise we are still (well a good many of us) AGGRESSIVE SAVAGE MONSTERS who are UNWILLING to adopt their thinking to changing circumstances...ie THEY SHOW UP after having monitored us for so long!

But the TIME aspect...

This is the real STRANGE one perhaps more than SPACE, although give me a SPACECRAFT, SPACESUITS & a way of getting to these places QUICK so I /we could DISCOVER these new things & visit new PLANETS (even one's without life) and i'd be HAPPY but TIME...

It wouldn't surprise me if EARTH's ELITE & POWERFUL did make this SUBJECT a PRIORITY...

Those that have the POWER of TIME TRAVEL might? have the capability to change EVERYTHING that ever was or ever is? depending on if we are living in a LINEAR or NON LINEAR Timeline?

But regardless of which...I am sure some bright spark one day (if we don't destroy ourselves) will invent it...a TIME MACHINE & here's where it just gets deep & weird & really just WHO REALLY KNOWS???
If we are living a NON LINEAR timeline then THAT time machine has ALREADY been invented & is being USED!!!! CRAZY Huh? at least I think that could be the case.

NON LINEAR sees us ageing & knowing about HISTORY & dreaming of a FUTURE to come...BUT it's ALREADY HAPPENED (as in this film "ARRIVAL") isn't that STRANGE?

How long then is TIME...is there an END TIME? what happens there? (This is like that QUESTION "What's BEYOND our UNIVERSE?")

I read that if NON LINEAR time is what we are in then EVERYTHING that has every been (HISTORY(, ever is (THE PRESENT) & all that is to come (THE FUTURE) already EXISTS!!!! WHAT!!!! Mind Bending don't you think.

So if that's the case could TIME TRAVELLERS alter these TIMELINES or is that already including in the EQUATION?
What Time Travellers are doing & will ever do is WHAT WAS GOING to HAPPEN ANYWAY.

Blimey!!!! and you wonder WHY we LOVE Time Travel Movies & Tv Series (I LOVE "Timeless" & it better RETURN)

Well of course we are HUMAN but what would highly advanced ALIEN SPECIES or even those from OTHER DIMENSIONS be able to do with TIME?

LOVED ARRIVAL...Loved it got us talking about WHAT IF's

In this film it says these aliens? if indeed aliens? interdimensional time travelling (simply by nature) creatures is what they appear to be? WILL NEED OUR HELP IN THE FUTURE?

So that will get your mind ticking & wondering HUH?

Was this a MISTAKE the makers put in here? or can these aliens NOT change TIME? it's clearly implied here that we are living in NON LINEAR TIME but are these visitors?

WHOEVER CONQUERS TIME if you can? would be like a GOD of GODS but TIME in another DIMENSION would be different again? wouldn't it? :ohmy: :( crikey!!!

You can see that I LOVED not only TIMELESS but also JJ ABRAHAMS Epic Tv series which I would ANYONE THAT MISSED IT to track it down on Blu Ray called "FRINGE" that series will mess with your brain also but in a fun, thinking way.

BRILLIANT FILM.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
4 months 3 weeks ago #3681 by Paul Conway
Back to that INCREDIBLE Footage (from many sources) from about a year ago in CORNWALL, England.

I do wonder if this was / is an important message from someone or something & we appear to be ignoring it?
Why wasn't this shown on the news here in ENGLAND? or did I miss it?

These are NOT birds (although some folks would suggest such to you)
I've seen some weird weather & we know this exists but I have NEVER seen ANYTHING like this (and as folks do not reply to things here anymore if it does I will probably never find out, although I've tried to find such WEIRDNESS in our WEATHER I have found NOTHING that comes close to this)

This seemingly lasts quiet a while (how long? not quiet sure) but it's spotted over a MOTORWAY, over the TOWN, a RUIN (castle like structure), a strange PYRAMID like structure (Had no idea we had such a thing looking like this in ENGLAND...will have to have a trip to see both this & the Ruin) & then ends? at the beach (where we get a long shot...the end clearly shows a group of people huddled together which seem to know of this thing & there's the surfer footage (albeit brief))

Add up all this footage & the relatively slow speed it seems to be drifting at over the sky & we could be talking a good few minutes of this thing in the SKY.

At times it almost complete disappears (whilst changing shape) BIRDS CANNOT DO THIS.

It does have a defined shape (it seems to me that this is the HOT AIR BALLOON shape we see at times here) within which the confines of all the changes to it's shapes takes place within it.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?

If a ship? or craft of some kind...then this could be it's basic shape when seen fully? of course this might just be a part of it too that has simply gone wrong (remember STAR TREK : INSURRECTION & that brilliant DATA scene at the start of that film in which everyone & everything was CLOAKED on the planet he was on & DATA wanted to show to the people on this planet that THEY WERE ALL Around them & he took his helmet off, looking like he had no body :) so a cloaking device gone wrong?)

Or was this a section of the sky that somehow was having a message sent through within this basic shape but showing what? & trying to tell us what? I am still trying to figure it out...

At that 2 minutes & 41 seconds into this video & don't laugh (I am only trying to think out loud (for this is SOMETHING)) you might see (if you do the stop & start then PAUSE the shot) that these shapes show what might look like a HUMAN FIGURE? with dark hair over to this RIGHT hand side & what would appear to be facial features over to the LEFT...eyebrows?, nose?, mouth? before it being quickly filled in & turning into a shape seen a few times in this footage looking like a PORTAL? a GATEWAY? eye of the needle shape which curiously (and don't laugh) it changes into something that might resemble an alien face?

It's like something out of a science fiction film but if what I've just described could be confirmed to be true? it might be showing something very different to this of course as It changes so quickly (but I have tried to see if it shows anything we might recognise? and this along with the han's basic falcon outline shape is all I can really come up with) then WHAT MIGHT THAT MEAN?

We HUMANS are about to be invaded? visited? by these ALIENS? & that they'll be doing so by ways of such a PORTAL?

Sounds unlikely & incredible don't it but this is a STRANGE OCCURANCE...

Might it be a TIMESLIP as I also suggested, a MESSAGE from OUR FUTURE trying to let us know these things turn up & are ? BAD? damn! I would be most disappointed if the BAD TYPES show up here!

OK, a few more markers for you on this video...

At 2 minutes & 43 seconds...
A Black object does indeed show up on screen (seemingly from nowhere) think I mentioned this previously but if you USE the stop, start, pause eventually just after spotting it & having it on your screen you'll notice it will head up (or so it seems to me) at a rapid pace & is gone!
Camera's DO capture things that are there but OUR EYES cannot see but WHAT IS THIS? is it connected to this thing? you would think so.

This object would appear to turn up again a little later (in different footage taken) so that's CURIOUS is it not?

3 minutes & 5 seconds in...
Use the stop, start, PAUSE & eventually you will see it on your screen (use full screen & you should spot it under the E of England)
A good few will tell you this is a bird...I DON'T THINK SO, watch it continue over to the right hand side of the screen.

First time I ever saw this over on SECURETEAM 10 it just did not look right (by that I mean NATURAL)

It would be nice if someone out there could figure this out but I hope I've given you REASON to QUESTION this ENCOUNTER, I just wish I had been there to see it :(