My Inspirational Learning Experience

• Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #202 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: My Inspirational Learning Experience
Looking forward to your post Mike.

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
3 years 8 months ago #206 by Alex W
Alex W replied the topic: My Inspirational Learning Experience
One that sticks with me was one of the very first lectures I had at university. It was the first lecture of an introductory quantum mechanics module I was taking. The lecturer began describing what we were going to cover over the course of the semester - reeling of this long list of things I'd never heard of. At the end of this he said "If there's one thing I want you to take from this course, it's this: there is so much left to be known. Right now you have no idea what I mean by electrons having 'spin', you're comfortable with the idea that they have mass but if you really think about it none of us really know what mass is either."

I realised at that point how much I didn't understand - even a concept so familiar to me, when I was really challenged to think about it I could not explain it. This is why I love physics - it lets me probe the deepest questions about this universe that there are.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts" - Richard Feynman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #226 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: My Inspirational Learning Experience
Alex this brought back memories of my first ever lecture on quantum mechanics :-) the lecturer said right at the beginning, tongue in cheek, "whenever you feel you have grasped quantum mechanics then you have clearly misunderstood"

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
1 year 11 months ago #2204 by jamessusan
jamessusan replied the topic: My Inspirational Learning Experience
whiteboard animation services Having got a high review in an unpredictable exam in which my cohorts haven't gone until this exact second was my most motivational minute, it gave me a lot of certainty and a reasonable motivation to overlook whoever I need in my school .
More
1 year 9 months ago #2471 by deannawilliam
deannawilliam replied the topic: My Inspirational Learning Experience
By nailing down precisely what you need to complete, and restricting your monetary expense from the start, you are setting up controls for your venture and shielding it from your inclination to alter your opinion. The Huntsman Vest Filmstarlook
More
1 year 7 months ago #2637 by corajohnsonz69
corajohnsonz69 replied the topic: My Inspirational Learning Experience
There is no limit to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and complete with instruction. The entire of life, from the minute you are destined to the minute you kick the bucket, is a procedure of learning. Oliver Queen Cotton Jacket