Who created the Moon

• tedg4986
  • tedg4986's Avatar Topic Author
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
More
3 years 8 months ago #383 by tedg4986
tedg4986 created the topic: Who created the Moon
As we all know, God created the moon in the "heavens" 4004BC (oddly, on Day 4 of the creation) according to the Bible, to serve as a lesser light for night time activities. But the Bible neglects a few facts. The moon is not actually a light and it is not visible every night. Half the time it's on the other side of the earth. When it is visible, half the time it's during daytime and is very often obscured by clouds, especially here in Wales where "it rains all time". In addition, it's moving away from us and eventually will be too far away to be of any use whatsoever. The worse thing about the moon is that it's slowing down the earth's rotation and eventually, the same side will be facing the moon all the time. The "24hour day" will be as long as a lunar month. The earth's surface temperature variation will make life impossible. Incidentally and famously, the sun will eventually expand to become a red giant and will sterilize the earth. I don't know which of these design consequences will occur first and I suspect the Human Species will be extinct by then, in an case, so I suppose it doesn't matter, but I'd like to know.
The Bible isn't big on Cosmology, Geology, Chemistry etc. In particular, it doesn't tell the composition of the moon. Is it really made of Green Cheese, as I was told when I was a child?
More
3 years 8 months ago #388 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Who created the Moon
It wasn't me... Honest guv.....

Green cheese? Yes... Yes it is...

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #389 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Who created the Moon
There is a genuine theory out there that the moon is hollow and in fact an ancient spaceship. lots of research as evidenced here en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spaceship_Moon_Theory Soon find out when that drill gets it's teeth in to the moon.

My other signature is much better than this one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago #393 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Who created the Moon
Ted...I take it this was written with tongue firmly in cheek :-)

Martin...That Wikipedia entry was interesting.
It would be one hell of a story if LM-1 drilled down and hit a metal hull :-)
But even if this was the case at 2 miles depth to the hull LM-1 will fall well short as we're hoping to make 100 meters (still mighty impressive if achieved)
There was a fun and totally OTT film called 'Iron Sky' that had the Nazi's regrouping on a hidden Moon Base for a future invasion.

Maybe those that left Atlantis created it? :-)

I do believe there are strange things out there...stranger than we can probably even imagine and I do hope we stick around long
enough to discover them...I mean what are the odds of us being truly alone in the Universe!

Nah, the Moon was in all likehood formed by another planet crashing into ours (as has been described in many a documentary)
that's not to say it's NOT made out of Wynsledale Cheese :cheer:
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #394 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Who created the Moon
100% with you Paul :-) I don't personally think there is anything extra terrestrial with regards to the moon at all but I will always be open minded.

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #398 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Who created the Moon
Interesting thread! I always thought the Moon was a hollow spacecraft :blink: There are many science fiction books from the early 20th century, such as, HG Wells' "The First Men In The Moon" takes place within a hollow Moon which is completely inhabited by aliens. Two Soviet scientists, in the 1970's, payed attention to this bizarre idea, by taking this fanciful premise a step further... proposing that the Moon is non other than a shell-like alien spacecraft, built by extraterrestrials with superior technology and intelligence.
However ... according to astronomers, the Moon wouldn't be able to maintain it's mass and gravitational field, should it's dense core be lacking. ;)
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Abi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Martin P