LM1 App Ideas

• Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #559 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Just downloaded the moon globe app, looks good so far.

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #560 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Some great ideas on here Steve thanks. I've had a look at that moon globe on my ipad Abi so might indulge, although i'm not really big on apps myself...

I'm probably more in line with Lee, a really good app to keep up to date with LM1.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Stavy.
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #674 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Would it be an idea to build an App for this very forum? I don't have access to a computer everyday - I live my life using my mobile phone. It would be easier for me personally using an App where I can speak with you guys and add my worrth to this forum.
I can guess this idea will sink like a boulder, and the only people who will use it will probably be just the die hard users of the forum...

@JP_Astronomy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi, Angela Lamont
  • Kerry
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
  • Kerry Fletcher
More
3 years 5 months ago #1330 by Kerry
Kerry replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
I think we should only do apps if needed, and not if somethings already out there? E.g. The bbc has Stuff like www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ks2/science/physical_processes/ , so, link out to there.

Just put this in the education section, but putting it here too because you were talking about apps, not because I'm sponsored by the BBC!

At its heart, engineering is about using science to find creative, practical solutions. It is a noble profession.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Angela Lamont
  • Angela Lamont
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • LM1 Founding Trustee
More
3 years 5 months ago #1335 by Angela Lamont
Angela Lamont replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Hi guys, thanks for the app ideas - keep 'em coming!! In reality at the moment we don't have the money to write loads of apps...nice at that would be. So any we apps we do would have to be:
  • inexpensive to develop, OR
  • generate income in some way - perhaps by leading to the merch store? OR
  • apps that you have to buy.

This doesn't mean we won't do any...we're looking at the idea now. So now is the time to post your requests, ideas, bug-up suggestions already here etc!

Wisdom is what you realise to be true about 20 years after someone older and wiser tried to tell you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry, Fawkes
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #1487 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: LM1 App Ideas
Yeah one good app is more realistic. It just needs to be basic but well made and include things like the latest news, a store page, and perhaps with more ambition and money full forum accessibility to read and write comments or even a limited version such as the "quick reply" box I'm using now. Perhaps access to things like podcasts and/or videos. It all adds up but if it turns out really well, as in better than just going to the website on your mobile then you could charge a small subscription fee to the app. Say £2 a month. Just adds an ongoing income for a price people would pay.

Edit: don't know how it's done but perhaps offline availability. So that previous forum threads can be read when theres no network connection.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Fawkes.