How will the archive be found?

More
3 years 8 months ago #123 by elcp2087
elcp2087 replied the topic: How will the archive be found?
What about a cairn of rocks around the lander! I volounteer to help build it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawkes
More
3 years 7 months ago #939 by chris perkins
chris perkins replied the topic: How will the archive be found?
I like to think that the Lander will be a monument at the centre of a Moon base as some point in the future :) Maybe they could include a tethered sign formed from solar panelled LED's that spell out " LM1 is here" :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawkes
  • Fawkes
  • Fawkes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 7 months ago #942 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: How will the archive be found?

chris perkins wrote: I like to think that the Lander will be a monument at the centre of a Moon base as some point in the future :) Maybe they could include a tethered sign formed from solar panelled LED's that spell out " LM1 is here" :P

I like the idea of it being a monument in the middle of a colony. But I honestly think LM1 wouldn't be nearly important enough for that. For that sort of thing your talking the original lunar lander with the first colony built around it. I suspect LM1 will be a relic either left alone or at best kept in a museum. Maybe they'd put the lander on display and a computer to access all the private archives, open to the public, and showcase the public archive.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
More
3 years 7 months ago #947 by chris perkins
chris perkins replied the topic: How will the archive be found?
Unfortunately I think you are probably right Fawkes, but you never know.I love your idea of being able to access the archives, I wonder if that can be done remotely from Earth, or will there be a copy in the cloud down here?
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 7 months ago #980 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: How will the archive be found?
Your nicking my idea Fawkes.
Still, it means you agree with it :-)
I'd love to see some organization (perhaps even Lunar Missions itself if still around) create a museum around Lunar Mission One (the 1st Ever publically backed Space Mission!!!) a clear dome like structure and access to all this information for those visting, with random clips showing on the lander itself.

Chris, as I understand it, yes there will be a copy of all data sent to the moon available here on Earth for people to view (should they so choose to allow it) which is why this could turn out to be a major archive of use for years to come.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris perkins
More
3 years 7 months ago #994 by David McCraw
David McCraw replied the topic: How will the archive be found?
To sound a contrary note, I would suggest the question could be how will the archive be hidden.
I think the biggest risk to the long term aims of the mission would be curious people digging it up in the archive too soon.
If the archive, which is too be designed to last a million years is dug up in a couple of hundred it would be a sad waste.