ESA vid; Destination: Moon

More
3 years 3 months ago #1582 by Abi
Abi created the topic: ESA vid; Destination: Moon
Just thought I'd share this excellent and inspiring video by ESA, which gives 'an overview of the past, present, and future of Moon exploration'.

Enjoy.
The following user(s) said Thank You: pebhidecs
More
3 years 3 months ago #1583 by Darryl James Cooper
Darryl James Cooper replied the topic: ESA vid; Destination: Moon
Thank you Abi. I've always thought ESA makes better videos than NASA. I was at a conference when it was announced that NASA's Europa mission was comissioned and we were shown the official public video to go with it because it was hilarious and seemed to be aimed at complete idiots.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.”
Dr. Carl Sagan
More
3 years 3 months ago #1584 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: ESA vid; Destination: Moon
Thanks, Darryl. Which video was that? Can you provide a link please?
More
3 years 3 months ago #1586 by pebhidecs
pebhidecs replied the topic: ESA vid; Destination: Moon
There was a news item on BBC Radio earlier regarding the Luna 27 mission which they expect to launch in years time < www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-34504067 >. This is also to drill into the South Pole of the Lunar Surface (but only 2 metres). Seems this is a joint venture between Russia and ESA. Wonder what impact that will have for the LM1 mission.

Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET
Systems Engineer
HIDECS Consultancy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi
More
3 years 3 months ago #1587 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: ESA vid; Destination: Moon
Hi pebhidecs, from what I've read, Luna 27 mission will be drilling 2m down into the lunar regolith, whereas LM1 should be drilling down between 20-100m into lunar rock. But it would be interesting to hear if this would have an impact or not, on the LM1 mission.