Future Event at Hayden Planetarium in NYC?

• bigbangtrimm
  • bigbangtrimm's Avatar Topic Author
  • dif tor heh smusma
More
3 years 8 months ago #33 by bigbangtrimm
bigbangtrimm created the topic: Future Event at Hayden Planetarium in NYC?
The LM1 event at the Royal Institute is going to be tons of fun, however I am on the other side of the pond and do not have the means of hopping over for the quick event, nevertheless, I do know there are a ton of LM1 backers here in the states and I think it would be really fun if we had a similar event, just in NYC at the Hayden Planetarium (inside the American Museum of Natural History).

Any others on this side of the pond who would like to see something in NYC too?

Michael A.
President & CEO at Trakify

"Live long and prosper" - Spock
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi, Fozia
More
3 years 8 months ago #36 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Future Event at Hayden Planetarium in NYC?
I think the idea is to do something in various cities around the world where support is strongest, in the coming years. Doing one in London first was the easy option, especially as LM1 founders are based here, and funds are limited. Would be cool to have the next one in the US.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
More
3 years 8 months ago #44 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Future Event at Hayden Planetarium in NYC?
Hi Mike, the Hayden Planetarium sounds like a fab idea. I'd particularly enjoy seeing the Hayden Planetarium Space Theatre or the Earth and Planetary Science halls (plus the added benefit of shopping in NYC!! ;) ). You can count me in! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bigbangtrimm
  • bigbangtrimm
  • dif tor heh smusma
More
3 years 8 months ago #47 by bigbangtrimm
bigbangtrimm replied the topic: Future Event at Hayden Planetarium in NYC?
I saw the episode in the dome theater about Dark Energy/Matter - I think it was called Dark Universe. It was incredible. I felt like I was in Space going through one of the scenes that you commonly would have seen in Cosmos! Absolutely incredible showing, and the turnout was fabulous. So many people there, it was great.

If LM1 does come to NY, you can be certain that I'll be there!

Michael A.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi
More
3 years 8 months ago #129 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Future Event at Hayden Planetarium in NYC?
It would be good to have live feeds from Lunar Mission One events too (for those who can't be there for whatever reasons) and online recordings to view later.

I'm sure all of that will be considered. It's still early days and lots to do and all that.

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
  • bigbangtrimm
  • dif tor heh smusma
More
3 years 8 months ago #318 by bigbangtrimm
bigbangtrimm replied the topic: Future Event at Hayden Planetarium in NYC?
I believe that one of the critical components of any space exploration success is the overwhelming support of the general population. Even though I do not consider myself a scientist or astrophysicist (though I kind of secretly want to be), I do consider myself as a voice for the space sciences in general. It's definitely a passion of mine. I think LM1 is going about raising awareness properly, and I think engaging more people from all walks of life will make this thing huge. Live streaming would be awesome, but also something that I think LM1 would accept volunteers for, once things are ramped up, is doing a podcast similar to StarTalk Radio. You know, focus on the mission findings and getting reactions from folks about the findings and possibilities. It'd be an interesting and fun take-on.

Michael A.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi