Social Media Strategy

• BenRLille
  • BenRLille's Avatar Topic Author
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1000 by BenRLille
BenRLille created the topic: Social Media Strategy
Thought I'd start a thread on how we as supporters can help LM1 spread the word particularly outside of the UK where, as David Iron explained at the London event, we must expand our funding to ensure we get to the moon! Our greatest tool of course is our minds and our Facebook, twitter, instagram and other social media accounts.

So I have had some experience in social media mostly for political campaigns like Take Back Parliament and the recent UK referendum. However I do think that this is the sort of project that would really benefit from the same sort of grass routes building to help raise funds break us into other countries such as the USA and also foster a new wave of scientific discovery in the years to come. So first some initial ideas.

Facebook Group

People like organising and getting involved with as little hassle as possible, the forums would be very important to build ideas and discuss projects as well as access information. However, it can act as barrier to inclusion, anything with an independent login will, we should consider starting a Facebook group to run alongside the page this means people can organise share and re-tweet articles and information all within they're own social media space.

Twitter/Hashtags/Thunderclap

We should think about Twitter strategy to break into USA and elsewhere it may be an idea to develop new hashtags for new countries tied to launch events or big endorsements along side the main ones already in use.

Video Media

Now this is the more ambitious subject but if we wish to go to the moon we must have ambition.

Video media is very important below are three videos, two by agencies and one done by an independent video maker this is the sort of thing we should be thinking about.

7 Minutes of Terror

Ambition

NASA Ad (unofficial)

We should think about making some videos like this perhaps even contacting Reid Gower who could make something for us.

This is just some initial thoughts.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by BenRLille.
The following user(s) said Thank You: chris perkins, Stavy, lm1admin
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1007 by chris perkins
chris perkins replied the topic: Social Media Strategy
What a great idea! Like you say this is critical to the mission. I Wonder how and if LinkedIn could also be utilised, maybe someone with much better writing skills could put together a Standard script & link to LM1 that we all post on our LinkedIn page?
It could also be a good way to seek people with specific skills needed for the mission.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by chris perkins.
  • BenRLille
  • BenRLille's Avatar Topic Author
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
More
3 years 7 months ago #1018 by BenRLille
BenRLille replied the topic: Social Media Strategy
Added some thoughts above. :)
More
3 years 7 months ago #1019 by lm1admin
lm1admin replied the topic: Social Media Strategy
Hey Ben - great ideas.
We also think that social media will be the cheapest and most efficient way to get the message out to new audiences on a daily basis.
We should definitely progress this thinking. If you have any further ideas or a strategy in mind do please let us know - we can work together on it.
Social media is going well so far, but it could of course be doing even better. We need to have the highest expectations of ourselves - we're always looking for ways to improve our methods!
LM1
More
3 years 7 months ago #1020 by Andrew Rix
Andrew Rix replied the topic: Social Media Strategy
I couldn't agree more Ben! Especially the video bit!! ;)

AR :0)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stavy
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1023 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Social Media Strategy
Thanks Ben. I can't normally be bothered with Twitter and Facebook etc. as I am too busy to pay much attention. I do have a professional profile on Linked-in though and a wide network, so I also think that is another possible area.

I even joined up on Twitter (@stavy147) just so I could pester Pallab Ghosh during the Kickstarter campaign.. I need to make more effort really.

Andrew... Does Angela know you are out on your own? :) A pleasure to meet you too yesterday, albeit briefly.. I know you were very very busy. Got a great photo of your cameraman filming, that I'll try to post later :)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Stavy. Reason: Can't spell my own name!