Great media coverage of LM1

• lm1admin
  • lm1admin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #1140 by lm1admin
lm1admin created the topic: Great media coverage of LM1
Has everyone seen this piece that was published in The Guardian yesterday afternoon?

www.theguardian.com/science/across-the-u...-first-space-mission
More
3 years 7 months ago #1145 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Great media coverage of LM1
Thanks for that LM1. Encouraging news! I've moved the thread to the "Spread the Word" Category.

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1148 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Great media coverage of LM1
It is great to hear Lunar Mission One is trying to build a partnership with the United Nations Office for Outer Space Affairs through its Committee as it would make the perfect match:

www.unoosa.org/

COPUOS deals with international cooperation in the peaceful uses of outer space, monitors and discusses developments related to the exploration and use of outer space as well as the technical advancements in space exploration, geopolitical changes, and the evolving use of space science and technology for sustainable development.

It's well worth browsing the United Nation's Office of Outer Space Affairs web site as it has a lot of valuable content. What ways might there be to show the community's support for such a partnership to flourish? I've sent a brief message of my good wishes to COPUOS in support of LM1 and I hope others will do the same:

www.unoosa.org/oosa/en/contact-us/index.html
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Mike de Sousa.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 7 months ago #1151 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Great media coverage of LM1
Thanks Lunar Missions.
That was a super read...I agree totally with Mike in that this is very encouraging.
I have great hopes for this Organization (maybe even more so than those in charge of LM's themselves)
The NOT for profit stance is truly wonderful...and is for the benefit of all humankind.

Could it be that in a hundred or two years time people may look back and say...well that's where it all truly started?

Might it be that "LUNAR MISSIONS" one day becomes our "Federation" (not of governments but of ordinary people of the world uniting) to try and learn, understand & hopefully fully explore those other worlds out there.