Anyone notice we're approaching 7297 Total Users?

• Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 7 months ago #1162 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway created the topic: Anyone notice we're approaching 7297 Total Users?
Well it's kind of an important number for most of us Luminauts
So far we're upto 6049 so I was wondering if the powers that be could offer something of a fun prize for the 7,297th.
The chances of timing that so your the one would be tricky but I can imagine ya'll on the edge of your keyboards trying to win a pin :-)

Also and I mentioned this to Abi in a recent posting....How many people do you think have bought into Lunar Missions One since this
site when Live? hundreds? thousands? is the word on the web getting out there really?

Darryl's done a splendid job of helping us out (NASA of all people!!!) but how many extra funders do we have now above the 7297?
Lunar Mission's must have this data and I'd sure like to know it...would be hoping it's now over 8,000 at the very least?
  • Paul Conway
  • Paul Conway's Avatar Topic Author
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #1163 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Anyone notice we're approaching 7297 Total Users?
I know I opened this up in General Chat (again no idea why it's ended up here?)

Whilst we do see some new faces since making the move here from the Kickstarter page (all are welcome, all are nice people and many have some great ideas) I do have to ask is this all???

I had expected even at this still rather early stage to have seen hundreds if not thousands of new users and luminauts but really how many above the original 7297 are there? I would really like to know.
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Paul Conway.
More
3 years 7 months ago #1165 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Anyone notice we're approaching 7297 Total Users?
Hi Paul. I've moved this topic to "Spread the Word". It seems more appropriate. Yes, there are some very valid questions there. Hopefully someone like LM1 will advise soon as the forum is regularly read.

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
  • Angela Lamont
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • LM1 Founding Trustee
More
3 years 7 months ago #1185 by Angela Lamont
Angela Lamont replied the topic: Anyone notice we're approaching 7297 Total Users?
Hi Paul,

We always knew that the set-up period following the Kickstarter would be a slow-growth period, as we're all so busy putting that Kickstarter money to work, which is why I have to keep apologising for being quiet just at the mo. But, fear not, as we are rapidly approaching the end of the set-up phase!! The LM1 plans are now revved up and just about ready to go...and they include a Big Announcement very soon (which for now is top secret, but I hope you'll like it!). It's something new, exciting and something that will attract new members as well as giving our existing members something very tangible to look forward to...oh dear, I hope I haven't already given too much away!?!

We will also hopefully increase supporter numbers when our two new International chapters start up - we launch the French and Middle East chapters in July! Thank you to everyone at the LM1 event who volunteered to help with this.

Another thing I've noticed is the number of guest users we get - this morning when I logged in, we had 4 members and 53 guests on the forum!! Imagine if those 53 (and all the other guests who visit the site) became forum members; we'd reach your magical 7297 users in no time! So I've written a post to encourage that - I think this morning we could've had a right old chat with 57 people interacting! :)

Lastly, our "Your Mission Needs You" launch at the LM1 event has already yielded a lot of replies - so many, in fact, that we can't launch it properly on the website yet, as we're busy contacting all the people who have already volunteered... But rest assured if you haven't heard from us yet, we are working our way through all the skills that have been volunteered and many of these people are very capable of helping us to spread the word, so that's even more good news :)

Thanks everyone for bearing with us during this (planned) quiet period, and, come July, watch out for exciting new announcements!

Wisdom is what you realise to be true about 20 years after someone older and wiser tried to tell you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, Paul Conway
More
3 years 7 months ago #1189 by BenRLille
BenRLille replied the topic: Anyone notice we're approaching 7297 Total Users?
In this social media age anything with a login kills participation we need a Facebook group to really get people active.
More
3 years 7 months ago #1191 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Anyone notice we're approaching 7297 Total Users?
And some of those guest users may well be forum users not logged in for various reasons. That often happens with forums. So all in all, it may be busier than portrayed and it is a long term project.

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)