Total funds raised displayed on website?

• Fawkes
  • Fawkes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #18 by Fawkes
Fawkes created the topic: Total funds raised displayed on website?
Hello everyone :cheer:

Everything feels so real now with the website and forum up and running :) So my suggestion/question is this. Is it possible to display a live Kickstarter style "total funds raised" on the website?

It would be pretty helpful for newcomers and everyone generally to see the £'s increase day by day and watch the progress over the years. I understand this could be difficult though as profit won't be easy to work out but income could be. I assume we are still at or around £672,447 so perhaps we could continue the counter from there the same way it did on Kickstarter? or maybe even just a rough sum such at £500,000 +, £1,000,000 +. Do you guys think this or anything similar would be ideal or possible for LM1 to create?

Thanks.

Lee Paterson.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, Abi
More
3 years 8 months ago #19 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Total funds raised displayed on website?
Hi Lee :) I also agree, I think that's an excellent idea. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawkes
More
3 years 8 months ago #20 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Total funds raised displayed on website?
sounds like a plan Lee, but it may not be practical. Perhaps some sort of table showing when we reach any set targets. Maybe, date of the first million raised, then 2nd million, etc. It would be nice to see it rising as the years go by. I don't suppose there is much movement at the moment, but once the space store is properly up and running, we should be coining it in! B)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • Fawkes
  • Fawkes's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #21 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: Total funds raised displayed on website?
Yeah it will be up to LM1 to implement something like this which could be difficult but I do remember the excitement everyone had on the Kickstarter when we hit all the milestones. If they can replicate that in some way such as a table like you suggest or anything else that would be great.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago #79 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Total funds raised displayed on website?
I guess that would be fun...but is it really needed?
Just so long as this Mission achieves the funds needed for success is all I'm concerned with.
Lunar Missions seem very confident of bringing in the monies needed.
I've mentioned in the past a big 'Christmas Push' with a Tv Ad campaign around that time
hopefully bringing in millions!!! Nostalgia plays well at Christmas.

a 'BIG' hi to Moderator Stavy :cheer:
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #89 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: Total funds raised displayed on website?
I think that will be a great idea as well... But as Paul mentioned, Is it really needed?
It would be fun to see the total get higher and higher every day. Maybe a graph of sorts would be benficial to show supporters on a weekly basis maybe. End of the day whatever they do it will all cost money. Money best spent of the actual Mission I believe... But I do agree.. Fab idea.

@JP_Astronomy