• Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #1664 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa created the topic: Tiniest Temperature Sensor
Potentially useful to the mission, read about the world’s tiniest temperature sensor powered by radio waves:

www.tue.nl/en/university/news-and-press/...gie-uit-radiogolven/

The size and power source of technology that forms the LM1 payload are important factors for the mission. This would seem to have great potential...
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #1667 by pebhidecs
pebhidecs replied the topic: Tiniest Temperature Sensor
It is all very well having small light sensors, but they will need to be qualified for use on the vehicle and all the environmental conditions that the vehicle is likely to encounter. I also suspect that the range of temperatures the device covers will not be that wide, considering the use-space the developers considered.

Paul E. Bennett IEng MIET
Systems Engineer
HIDECS Consultancy
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Mike de Sousa's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 4 weeks ago #1668 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Tiniest Temperature Sensor
I think 'potential' is the key phrase here :)

This project has a few years to gather technologies that offer potential, during which time experts and researchers can review whether emerging ideas can be developed and augmented to the needs of LM1. As to the proof of concept sensor I pointed to, clearly, anything developed would need to be robust and provide a valuable return for the investment in time and resources. The value of this particular technology is that it encourages investigation of small self-powered sensors in general...
More
1 year 9 months ago #2443 by MelodyWilson
MelodyWilson replied the topic: Tiniest Temperature Sensor
In those kinds of articles in most cases are quintessential by way of every body. you probably did a excellent and high-quality activity to reveal those types of blogs and boards. thank you and superb activity preserve it up. Emerald City Series Costumes
More
1 year 9 months ago #2445 by pitte88
pitte88 replied the topic: Tiniest Temperature Sensor
Great forum, very well put it, as I thought you could get help here.