• Kerry
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
  • Kerry Fletcher
More
3 years 5 months ago #1286 by Kerry
Kerry replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

Kerry here. Glad to see this website got up and running, and sorry to have missed it starting up (a combination of old job, new job and travelling in SE Asia).

I supported because ... I couldn't not and still be me! I am a lifelong SF fan (books rather than films mainly, but my SO can lure me into those moving picture things occasionally). I like board games and real ale. I work in the aero industry as a safety manager in Bristol (UK).

I hope some day to combine all my hobbies and play a game where the first prize is a bottle of ale brewed on the Moon. Then write a book about it :lol:

At its heart, engineering is about using science to find creative, practical solutions. It is a noble profession.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Palindrome Bob, Angela Lamont
More
3 years 5 months ago #1288 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
That would be one heck of a first prize Kerry!

And you're very welcome btw :)

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry
  • Angela Lamont
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • LM1 Founding Trustee
More
3 years 5 months ago #1289 by Angela Lamont
Angela Lamont replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi Kerry!

Glad to have you on board the mission :)

I've only just been introduced to real ale but I look forward to your board game and my first taste of Lunar base brewed ale...I wonder what it would be called? Old Crater?? Shackleton's Tipple?

Don't know what membership level you pledged to but it sounds as though you were away for our backer's event in May - in a mo I'm off down to London for our exclusive "meet the team" event, which was one of our higher pledge awards, so looking forward to seeing about 70 of our lovely backers there for a project update, some exclusive announcements and a good old chat!!

Wisdom is what you realise to be true about 20 years after someone older and wiser tried to tell you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kerry