Introduce Yourself

More
3 years 8 months ago #70 by Stavy
Stavy created the topic: Introduce Yourself
Welcome one and all. There are now thousands of members but only a dozen or so talking. Take a deep breath and take the plunge. Use your first post to introduce yourself. Go on, you know you want to. I'll go first :)

Remember, do not post detailed personal information on this or any other forum.

My name is Stavy, which is short for something long and Greek that only my mother can pronounce. I am London born and bred, and by trade I am a Credit Manager. I am a bit movie obsessed after 25 years in the industry.

I support West Ham United, and enjoy messing about on forums. Favourite colour is claret and blue :) no kids, no cats, no dogs, and no goldfish since jimmy the stunt goldfish passed over to the goldfish bowl in the sky, aged six and a bit.

I am here because an article by Pallab Ghosh on the BBC website, captured my imagination and I wanted to be a small part of this fantastic undertaking. (plus I'm a geek :) )

We are going to the moooon... *bounces around in chair*

Over to you Luminauts :)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Kerry, tommotian, Abi, Palindrome Bob
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #73 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
What's a West Ham United? ;)

My name is Martin and also London born and bred, although I have West Country parents! Now live up north as a pretend Yorkshireman...

I just had to support this project as at a young age I have always been fascinated by astronomy. I have studied astronomy, natural science and geology at the Open University, so really looking forward to talking with you all on these topics and more.

PS. I have to support Leeds I guess Stavy.....

My other signature is much better than this one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago #74 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Leeds eh? you sure? Heheh... Nobody's perfect. I know lots of Leeds fans, and have many mates in Yorkshire so you'll do :)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #80 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
My names Lee I live in Nottingham. Robin hood is my neighbour. I'm a sci fi fan, I've watched pretty much every star trek episode going, I'm a fan of star wars and many other films and I enjoy gaming.

I backed lunar mission one for a few reasons. Because of the unprecedented public archive they are building which will serve as an educational tool in hopefully every school. The private archive, I'd like to put a lot of effort into my memory box and hope that someday distant relatives and historians will be able to see my private archive, and because of the Importance of the science Lunar Mission One is doing.

I never studied anything special in the sciences or anything like that just had a bit of fun in forensics. I had an average education with slightly less than average grades which is why I'm passionately hopeful for the public archive. It could potentially be the greatest educational tool since the internet. So if nothing else in LM1 interests you its worth backing just for the archive.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Martin P
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #84 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Evening...
I'm James and live In Northamptonshire. I am also an Amateur Astrophotographer and all round Science Nerd.
I have had an interest in Astronomy since I was a child, when I first set my eyes on the Moon using a telescope. I was in awe and knew from that moment I wanted to take my interest further.
The older I got, I was hopeful I would see Man walk on the Moon again. But this mission has got my excitement levels up to maximum. It will be amazing to follow this Mission from start to finish and have my family pictures buried deep into the Moon for future generations to locate and see.
Enjoy the ride folks.
GO FOR LAUNCH

@JP_Astronomy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Martin P
More
3 years 8 months ago #85 by Alex W
Alex W replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi all,
I'm Alex, I live in Exeter, Devon - although I'm originally from Herefordshire. I am currently training to be a science teacher (just secured my first teaching post for September!) so hoping I can work LM1 into a few of my lessons!
Looking forward to trading ideas and general forum banter with you all :)

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts" - Richard Feynman
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Martin P, Stavy