Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May

• Stavy
  • Stavy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #987 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
look forward to seeing you all tomorrow!

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
More
3 years 7 months ago #992 by chris perkins
chris perkins replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Today is the day...Yipeeee
More
3 years 7 months ago #998 by SteveC
SteveC replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Hey everyone

Just got back and sat down at my PC, had a great day at the event, met loads of people and thoroughly enjoyed all the presentations and workshops.

Hope you got back OK Stavy, Mke, Lars, Sam, the couple from Edinborough, Paul, Eugene and the family from Norway.

So what did everyone who watched the broadcast think?

Very tired now so gonna get going to bed.

SteveC

I will do SCIENCE to it.
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 7 months ago #1002 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Hi Steve, likewise, it was a real pleasure to meet you, Stavy, Matthew, Chris and members of the broader LM1 community. It was particularly good to hear voices from across the globe, and as David Iron communicated so well in his presentations, that's certainly an area the project needs to significantly develop in terms of its broader reach. I see Ben has already begun a topic Social Media Strategy which aims to lay down some initial ideas to further spread the word.

Yesterday's event was a jam-packed fascinating experience for me with a vast amount to digest which included some invaluable insights into the technical aspects of the mission that were communicated so very well. Those on the forum will get to hear from members who had the good fortune to attend over the coming days, and additional content will no doubt be published for all those who are members of the Lunar Mission One Club over the coming weeks.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BenRLille
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 7 months ago #1003 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Sounds like it was a really enjoyable event, really looking forward to hearing some of the output from that.

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
3 years 7 months ago #1008 by David@Marlena
David@Marlena replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
My family and I attended the first Lunar Mission 1 event in London yesterday and we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We arrived in London early to visit the Cutty Sark (as the only other times I have seen it was running around it in the London Marathon!). The DLR wasn't running from Westferry so a bus ride was made to Island Gardens. We got talking to some locals as we were crammed together (it was very friendly) and they kindly told us of a pedestrian tunnel we can go through under the river to get to Greenwich. We saw this beautiful ship inside and out then had lunch. We then had to make a mad dash to the DLR again to get to a tube, and then run to the Royal Institute with only 5 minutes to spare.
We immediately felt a sense of camaraderie with the people in the short queue at the entrance to the Royal Institute and quickly got chatting with total strangers. The Lunar Mission representatives in the lobby were extremely friendly and courteous although they were, rightly, very keen to herd us all upstairs and into the main auditorium.
It was then I realised where I was. This was the Royal Institute. This very building, this very staircase, in the past was visited by great people - pioneers in the science community. Shamelessly, the only one I could remember was Faraday.
The Lunar Mission team was flawless. The presentations were extremely well written, the enthusiasm was palpable. The speakers were excellent and a special THANK-YOU has to go to Angela for keeping it all together!
David Iron was inspirational and so knowledgeable. He is absolutely correct that funding is THE most important issue at the moment. If the funding isn't there, there is no mission.
Professors Ian Crawford and Alan Smith were fantastic and we had the pleasure of sitting next to them in the last presentation!!!!!! I just wanted to shake their hand and say thank you but didn't as I would only look like a fool!
When is the next one as I want to book tickets!!!!! :woohoo: