Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May

More
3 years 8 months ago #523 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Lunar Mission One Event - Royal Institute 30th May

Fawkes wrote: If they wanted to record it as well something like twitch would do. They can live stream speeches and things and it has a instant messaging chat window for those watching. (though it usually gets crowded and some messages are missed)

It would be great to record and/or have live streams of LM1 events, especially for those who can't make it or want to look back at events. I imagine this has been considered by those organising the events (hint hint to the organisers) ;)

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi, Fawkes
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #548 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: Lunar Mission One Event - Royal Institute 30th May
Yup. All it takes for a basic stream is a half decent mobile phone/tablet on a stand maybe with the twitch app. Or a camera hooked up to a laptop (I imagine). and a stable network connection. I'd probably watch some of it or some time afterwards at least after someone uploads it here or something.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Fawkes.
More
3 years 8 months ago #549 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Lunar Mission One Event - Royal Institute 30th May

Fawkes wrote: Yup. All it takes for a basic stream is a half decent mobile phone/tablet on a stand maybe with the twitch app. Or a camera hooked up to a laptop (I imagine). and a stable network connection. I'd probably watch some of it or some time afterwards at least after someone uploads it here or something.

Easily done as you say and plenty ways to do it. Here's hoping.

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
  • Angela Lamont
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • LM1 Founding Trustee
More
3 years 8 months ago #646 by Angela Lamont
Angela Lamont replied the topic: Lunar Mission One Event - Royal Institute 30th May
Hi guys and thanks for your enthusiasm :)

For those of you who can make it, I'm really looking forward to meeting you in person at last! We're now just finalising the programme and will post it here, so those who are attending can see what's in store and those who are undecided can make a better decision. One thing's for sure, you'll not be sitting twiddling your thumbs all day! Lol.

For those who can't attend, we're organising special stuff for you ;) More details soon...

Wisdom is what you realise to be true about 20 years after someone older and wiser tried to tell you...
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveC, Abi
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #647 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Lunar Mission One Event - Royal Institute 30th May
OOO, special stuff!! You can't leave us hanging like that!!! :-)

My other signature is much better than this one!
  • Angela Lamont
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • LM1 Founding Trustee
More
3 years 8 months ago #648 by Angela Lamont
Angela Lamont replied the topic: Lunar Mission One Event - Royal Institute 30th May
...good things come to those who wait, Martin... ;)

Wisdom is what you realise to be true about 20 years after someone older and wiser tried to tell you...