Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May

• Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 7 months ago #948 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Hi Stavy and Angela, I'll try to be at the RI café around opening time. A start of 1.30pm might mean us cutting conversations short as we head over to get a decent seat for the main event :) I guess questions could be anything LM1 related - we could ask about the science or technology, educational aspects, the archive, or perhaps the web site and labs. It might help for us to consider questions for each of the main areas of the project so no one on the team feels left out - it's certain to be a fascinating occasion - not long now...

About card payments for the future, one relatively affordable solution might be using a PayPal device?:

www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader

Hope that helps!
More
3 years 7 months ago #949 by chris perkins
chris perkins replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
So looking forward to meeting you all and putting faces to the names I have been seeing since the very early days of the Kickstarter campaign :cheer:

Safe travels and see you soon!
More
3 years 7 months ago #950 by lm1admin
lm1admin replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Hey guys,
Can't wait for the event on Saturday. The team is really excited to meet you all. Hope you guys will be staying for a drink after the event.
Just a quick note about social media on the day. We'll be tweeting from the Lunar Mission One account - the event hashtag will be #lunarmissionslive. Do feel free to get involved with that - tweet your thoughts, pictures, questions (we'll be answering twitter questions on the day) etc. We'll also be using Periscope, linked to our Twitter feed - so people who can't attend will be able to witness parts of the day. If you're a periscope user then please do feel free to do the same.
Thanks,
LM1
More
3 years 7 months ago #951 by MarkG
MarkG replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Always wanted to go to the RI (blame the Christmas Lectures), so glad to now have the opportunity.

Not sure about the moon 'pin', but if the shirt fits, I'll wear it. I'll do my best to be at the RI Cafe in good time.
  • Stavy
  • Stavy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #952 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
I am happy to be here earlier, i think the idea was originally, that we dont really know each other and to save awkwardness a suggestion of a quick hi, nice to meet you, was enough to prevent the shy ones from having a fit. i will aim for 12.30 then, and everyone can come up in their own good time.... oooh it's getting so exciting.

Angela, one solution would be a short term hire of a pdq machine. there are places that will hire for one day, so you can take card payments. even contactless, maybe one for next time?

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
Last Edit: 3 years 7 months ago by Stavy.
More
3 years 7 months ago #954 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Lunar Mission 1 Event Royal Institution 30th May
Here's hoping everyone has a great time and the event's a huge success. Bank Holiday weekend here, so I'm off on a short break to the sea, but will be looking in :)

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa