Introduce Yourself

• bigbangtrimm
  • dif tor heh smusma
More
3 years 8 months ago #88 by bigbangtrimm
bigbangtrimm replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi Everybody,

I'm Mike, I am a software engineer at Cisco Systems working on OpenStack development. I have a golden retriever dog named Klaus, and he is awesome in my opinion. I backed Lunar Mission One because I believe the future belongs to those who explore and accept space exploration as the single most important thing to exist. In dire love with the Star Trek series and constantly follow NASA, ESA, and more on a daily basis.

Michael A.
President & CEO at Trakify

"Live long and prosper" - Spock
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, Fozia, stav5725, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago #93 by Darryl James Cooper
Darryl James Cooper replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone!

My name is Darryl and I am a Founder Backer of Lunar Mission One. I am 26, I live with my partner and son and I work in local government. I am studying a degree in Physics and Planetary Science with The Open University and when I saw Lunar Mission One on BBC News I had to be a part of it.

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.”
Dr. Carl Sagan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Stavy
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago #100 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Damn, i got so excited by being here i completely missed it and began posting everywhere, sorry :-)

Ok, Hi, i'm Paul Conway except i'm not that's my father's name (as i wanted everything to be in his name as this was his Christmas present)
mine is close, it's Paul Christopher Conway (Chris) but Paul is fine here.

I live in Machester, worked on British Rail for a short time and to say things didn't quiet pan out as i thought would be an understatement, i'm a happy soul and love all things SPACE, sci-fi, fantasy and Horror...like Stavy i'm a massive film fan (of most genres)
Perhaps the trouble with me is i kinda like most things but am a master of none, oh and I just LOVE THIS PLANET & Manchester City :cheer:

Stavy...West Ham fan!!! I never knew :P and poor jimmy the fish.
Yup same, saw the BBC piece on LM-1 and thought what a 'Great & Unusal Gift for Dad'

Martin...a Leeds fan (and we were getting on so well) :)

Fawkes (aka Lee) me too...Star Trek that is (Kirk, Spock & McCoy will always be my favs)

James...Not only did i think man would step on the Moon again i expected to see a Moonbase by now
as well as an Orbiting viewing platform for people like you and i to vist :-(

Alex...congrats on that post (be a good smiling teacher even when those bad days come along) my sister is a
special assistant teacher and get those LM-1 lessons done...they'll love it :-)

Mike4212....Trek & Space Exploration i'm with you...Hoping LM-1 to be the start of something BIGGER than even Lunar Missions can imagine.

Darryl!!! Don't i know you from somewhere :-) Now that's one adorable photo Captain America!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Martin P, Darryl James Cooper, Alex W, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago #106 by tommotian
tommotian replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm Steve.
I love anything to do with science, I studied Earth Science and Geology with the Open University; geology because it had physics, biology, chemistry and maths! The summer schools gave me an opportunity to meet other people with like minded interests. I became a founder member of LM1 because I wanted to contribute to science in small way and, like the OU summer schools, hopefully have the opportunity to chat and meet people who are contributing and involved with LM1at any level.
I was born in Birmingham and yes I'm an Aston Villa supporter! Were consistent if nothing else, before the comments come flying my way!!
I'm a senior sales administrator and live on the outskirts of a village called Ness in Cheshire in a cottage surrounded by fields, which because of its location gives me a view of darker skies at night time than most people.
Intro over, I hope to be seeing some of you in the future. All the best for now. B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago #107 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Thanks to everyone who has posted so far. It's great to meet you all and I look forward to getting to know you all better as the mission progresses. Trekkie here too but original series only for me.

The rest of you... What are you waiting for? Come on in and post already:)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
More
3 years 8 months ago #111 by SteveC
SteveC replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hey everyone nice to meet you all

I'm Steve, 38 years old and currently living in Leeds doing Software Engineering. Like many of the people who poster before me I am into sci-fi, space and lots of geeky stuff.

I backed the Lunar Mission One because the idea jumped up and grabbed me as a cool one and I wanted to be part of something that would benefit everyone in the whole world hopefully for a very very long time. Hoping to meet lots of like minded people and making whatever contributions I can to this worthy endeavour

I will do SCIENCE to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Stavy