Introduce Yourself

More
3 years 8 months ago #204 by Europa
Europa replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi all,

I'm from Manchester and backed the project as I've loved space since my grandad showed me Venus in the sky when I was about 5. I couldn't believe there were other worlds! I studied astrophysics and now I'm a physics teacher.
The education project and inspiring future generations of scientists and engineers is what got me hooked on this.
We're going to the moon!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #205 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi James Parker, and Martin, Professor Rothery also chairs - and wrote - a quantity of the level two Open University module 'S283 Planetary Science and the Search for Life' www.open.ac.uk/courses/modules/s283 so why not give that a bash? :)

Regards
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Abi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Parker
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #207 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Thanks Abi. I only just managed to complete the Moons Course - During the course my partner gave birth to our 1st child together, so it was difficult to fit the time in completing it. I managed it though! I won't be doing any courses yet for sometime... Thanks for the heads up though.

@JP_Astronomy
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi
More
3 years 8 months ago #210 by SteveC
SteveC replied the topic: Introduce Yourself

Abi wrote: SteveC, I just love your avatar!

Hey Abi

I'm glad you like it :) Maybe you spotted who it really is straight away but for those that haven't check out the full size image. http://i.ytimg.com/vi/Sz4aQ2YbN-E/hqdefault.jpg

I will do SCIENCE to it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #211 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Steve C, Um...

:dry:
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Abi.
More
3 years 8 months ago #212 by gavhen
gavhen replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi All,

I'm also guilty of typing elsewhere before here, didn't get chance to look at the General Chat area yesterday. Anyway, I'm Gav, 36, live in London, and basically have a healthy interest in Earth, satellites, astronomy, space exploration, and so on. As soon as I heard about LM1 I knew I had to part of it, this is my first and only Kickstarter project and love being part of it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi, Palindrome Bob, Stavy