Introduce Yourself

More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #130 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
I'm also guilty of posting first and getting to the introductions bit after a while, but better late than never!

Doug here. I'm not too far from the UK. In Ireland to be precise - and part of the international membership I guess :)

As well as having a general interest in the LM1 mission and the goings on, the public archive is something which interests me. It's great to see others mentioning the public archive in posts already. Am into the past, present and future (have a Degree in History but anything from Time Team to 'Tomorrow's World' is of interest). B)

The Moderators here are a friendly bunch, following on from our first home on Kickstarter - just be nice and we'll be doubly nice in return :lol:

Now ... time to start thinking of important things, like an Avatar ;)

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Doug.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, stav5725, Fawkes, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago #132 by Jesper Christensen
Jesper Christensen replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hello Everyone

Jesper coming to you from the small country of Denmark, although currently in China finishing up my Masters degree in Biochemistry and Genetics.

I'm a bit of a space freak been following the works of NASA and ESA for some years, and watch the occasional sci-fi movie about a hundred times. When I saw this project on kickstarter I had to be a part of it, and I plan to contribute in anyway that i can in the coming years.

I'm personally very interested in the DNA part of the library, since it's what i work with on a daily basis and the fact we want to send that into space interests me a great deal, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they are going to handle all that biological information.

looking forward to seeing the forums come a bit more to life.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, Fozia, stav5725, Fawkes, CarpeDiem, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago #134 by CarpeDiem
CarpeDiem replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi folks!

My name is David, I'm 19 years old, currently living in Edinburgh and I'm currently studying for a degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering! I follow a fair amount of NASA and ESA progress like rocket launches and new technology. I also like hard rock and heavy metal music and I also play the guitar.

I joined the project because I think it would compliment my degree and give me something to aim for. Also on a deeper note, I, like Stephen Hawking, also believe that humanity's future lies in the stars and would also like to be a part of this vision (I could get very political here but I shall avoid it :P ).

The main part of the program that I am interested in is the hardware and software of the lunar module and what creative things they can invent (hopefully some really mad things :silly: ) to make the mission possible.

Take care and have a good one! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, Fozia, stav5725, Fawkes, Stavy
  • Mike de Sousa
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Artist, Composer, and Writer...
More
3 years 8 months ago #137 by Mike de Sousa
Mike de Sousa replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi Darryl! Glad to see you here :)
More
3 years 8 months ago #139 by rozm2010
rozm2010 replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Woohoo!

Ok, let's build this reactor! :D
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 6 months ago #145 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone, I'm Abi, I'm an OU Earth and Planetary science student and huge space fan :0)

Not much else to say about me!

;)
Last Edit: 3 years 6 months ago by Abi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, SteveC, Chris Welch, Palindrome Bob, Fozia, Fawkes, CarpeDiem, Stavy