Introduce Yourself

More
3 years 8 months ago #150 by Chris Welch
Chris Welch replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hello all

Just arriving here from the Kickstarter forum where I hung out with Mike, Stavy, Paul, Darryl, Abi and a bunch of others. It's good to be in our new home at last. I'm a space professional based in France but with many links to the UK. As well as being an LM1 backer, I'm also a member on the LM1 Education Team. I'm looking forward to meeting people at the London event on 30 May.

Chris Welch
International Space University
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, SteveC, tommotian, Abi, Palindrome Bob, Fozia, Fawkes, Stavy
  • Alex
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
  • A space loving geologist!
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #154 by Alex
Alex replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone!

I'm Alex, I'm currently working as a subsurface consultant in Aberdeen after I studied Geoscience and then Petroleum Geoscience as a masters. Really want to get into the more planetary geology side of things though!

Originally from Lincoln (UK), I lived in Dubai for ten years before I headed to Scotland for uni. I too enjoy a cheeky bit of heavy metal and every so often I'll break out Logic and mess around trying to make awful music. I also spend too many hours playing Kerbal Space Program.

I'm really excited to see how the science objectives of the mission turn out and I've also got an amateur interest in the hardware being developed.
I'm an official space geek with more books about the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo programs than you can shake a stick at, and only last night watched four hours of Apollo EVA footage! (I know, what a crazy night :ohmy: )

I love how projects like this transcend all borders and I hope to get to know you all a little better!
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Alex.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike de Sousa, SteveC, Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #155 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi Chris, it was great to hang out with you in the last forum and elsewhere, I hope to see and hear more of you here in the coming weeks, months and years :) :) :) I may not be able to attend this LM1 event, but should any be arranged in the future, i'll be sure to go B)
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Abi.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch
More
3 years 8 months ago #159 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi Alex, it's a pleasure to meet you, seems we have quite a bit in common :) Thanks for the introduction.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alex
  • Lunar Mission One
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
  • Lunar Mission One
More
3 years 8 months ago #161 by Lunar Mission One
Lunar Mission One replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone,
It's brilliant to see you all in your new home. We'll be driving more people towards this forum over the coming days so please do welcome them as they arrive!
As always, if you have any issues please do get in touch via the 'Contact Us' section below 'About Us' tab.
Thanks,
LM1
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Fawkes, Stavy
More
3 years 8 months ago #166 by spln4417
spln4417 replied the topic: Introduce Yourself
Hi Everyone,

I'm Nigel, born and bread in the heart of the UK, The Midlands :)

I currently work as an Operations Supervisor for a transport company based in the Midlands, pervious to that I was a Driver.

I'll get the big thing out of the way first, I'm a geek, not quite Sheldon though :lol: but computers, science fiction, science the whole 9 yards are of interest to me. Besides from that I enjoy the simple things in life such as spending time with family and friends and if I'm not with them, I'm out somewhere taking photos ;)

I decided to back LM1 as ever since I was a child the moon fascinated me, it still does, in fact the essence of space fascinates me. The idea that we are going to the moon is fantastic, we have so much more to learn and this is just the first step in that journey!

I'm looking forward to spending time with you all and its as much about our journey as a team as it is about LM1!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris Welch, Abi, Palindrome Bob, Stavy