The Daily Drivel Thread.

• James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #283 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
Don't get me started on the Politics this morning.
I'm not a happy camper this morning.

@JP_Astronomy
  • Martin P
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #284 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
Must admit I am surprised at the results.

My other signature is much better than this one!
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
More
3 years 8 months ago #285 by James Parker
Let's just say... If you need the NHS/Police Service again.... You will be waiting a long time.
Terrible result In my opinion

@JP_Astronomy
  • Stavy
  • Stavy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #289 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
There will be a few of those James! I don't think the drama is over yet though. :evil:

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
More
3 years 8 months ago #290 by James Parker
I've given up watching it all now... Back to the grind..

@JP_Astronomy
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #356 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
Good point on the ranking system Stavy.
At this rate we'd all be Commanders of the Universe :-)
I think your right, I would expect it to take high hundreds if not thousands of posts to reach the top ranks.

I know we shouldn't really talk politics but as it was brought up...

I kinda like politics and have to admit i was mighty impressive with Nicola Sturgeon (SNP) and it's a shame she wasn't Labour's leader.
I just never bought into Ed as our next Prime Minister and it would seem a good number thought the same as well as probably
conceding the Tories were doing a half decent job of trying to get the defecit down (or have they?) and that it was Cameron that probably made the better PM.

The fact they pledged NO NEW or RAISED TAXES had to have an effect so late on right? (and this would you belive will be made Law!) more money in the pockets of working people over the next 5 years...many would have liked this for sure.

Question is what happens if the economy takes a downward turn??? where to go for the money? Benefits are being cut by 12 Billion (and rumours were this could be as much as 30 Billion) so they'll be no meat on those bones.

As for the Lib-Dems I think many saw that coming so I was not surprised by this, a bit of a shame as I think Clegg honestly tried his best (it was a big surprise he joined with the Tories in the first place)

DAN JARVIS for new Labour Leader?...and a through review needed...but we'll see.

The BBC coverage was EXCELLENT...now having the Tories in power will that be good for Space Exploration Projects?
or doesn't it really matter as we're short of monies anyway, in which case I'd like to THANK Lunar Missions once again (for the 10th time) :-)

As for Daily Drivel...I had an Eye Test appointment today (hadn't had one for 10 years but felt my eyes had slipped a bit)
I was right, eyes were a little worse, stronger lenses needed and what a comprehensive bunch of tests you have to partake thesedays ( I was there two and a half hours) back was killing me after that, hence my late night show here :-)

Having said this I would highly recommend the opticians at Manchester's ASDA Superstore as they were quiet simply lovely, polite and very understanding and what's more I got the test and 3 pairs of glasses for just £135!!! RESULT.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Paul Conway.