The Daily Drivel Thread.

• Stavy
  • Stavy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #116 by Stavy
Stavy created the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
There are times when all you want to do is say ''Hey Paul... did you see Star Trek IV on the tv last night?' or say good morning or good night all.... Throwaway posts that don't need a whole thread to themselves, but still need saying. You might perhaps want your mates to know you won't be on the forum for a few days due to a trip away, or want to share some bit of good or bad news that doesnt really fit anywhere else..

Well this is the place. Consider this thread the office water cooler, where you can stop a while and take the load off, pass on a interesting little titbit or find out what Abi has been up to this week when she wasn't on the forum, assuming she wants to tell us :)

For instance, I work near Selfridges, and went past their new windows yesterday and couldn't resist this one... coolest job EVER? I'll have to get a better close up view next time. Some great little details that don't show up on this pic.

[/size]

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Doug, Fawkes, Angela Lamont, Alex
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #120 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
Yeah I was thinking maybe they could add a basic instant messaging service or something for the stuff that is literally just general chat but actually a thread like this will do. Nice idea.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stavy
  • Stavy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #121 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
We need somewhere to put the daily nonsense that we all love, otherwise all the threads will go off topic really quick. Hopefully people will get in the habit of adding their general comments here...

and now it's my bed time as i've got an 8am meeting tomorrow zzzz.... nitey nite all.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Fawkes
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #122 by Fawkes
Agreed, stuff can get off topic pretty quick. For me it's time for half an hour of Prison Architect before sleeping. Hopefully no escape attempts or riots tonight.

• Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #157 by Fawkes
Only a prison wide power outage and 6 deaths from maximum security prisoners fighting each other lol. I'd recommend it to anyone. Its a low spec game so will run on any PC and good fun even if your not a gamer.

• Stavy
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #183 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
Sounds fascinating... maybe i'll pass on this one :lol:

Went back to that Selfridges window this morning and took another photo.. I love this :) Other 'world's coolest job' windows are Fortune Cookie Writer and Duvet Softness Tester. I think Planetary Scientist is the coolest though!

Attachments: