The Daily Drivel Thread.

• Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #239 by Fawkes
Fawkes replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
Oh cool. Cadet B) does anyone know how the ranking system works by the way?

Just a one language person my self. If I could pick a language though that I could learn in 1 second it might be French. Would be cool to speak another language.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fawkes

In all things, a calm heart must prevail.
More
3 years 8 months ago #241 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.

Fawkes wrote: Oh cool. Cadet B) does anyone know how the ranking system works by the way?

Just a one language person my self. If I could pick a language though that I could learn in 1 second it might be French. Would be cool to speak another language.

French is a good choice. English, Irish and French would be the three I can speak (the last two NOT so good ;) )

These days it's easier to try out languages for free. I find sites like Duolingo great to experiment with - basic but they give an idea.

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago #243 by Fawkes
I have thought about it occasionally but there's no practical reason for me to do it and I'm not great with languages. It would be nice but yeah I have no need my self I wouldn't be in a situation where I'd need it.

• Stavy
  • Stavy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #245 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
Rankings are post count based for users. I don't have a list of how many posts you need for each rank, butI think 20 is the threshold for the first level change though. It'll be an adventure finding them all out as we go along.

I speak English, Greek, and gibberish... With a few words and phrases in Spanish and Italian mostly thanks to a lot of Latin at school.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • Fawkes
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Also known as Lee
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #246 by Fawkes
The way it's going now with all this activity I wouldn't be surprised if many us hit the top rank within a month. still it depends on if they scaled it up. so 20 for the first 100 for the second 300 for the third say. It's pretty cool anyway. Karma is pretty cool. looks like it can only be given out once every 6 hours which is good means people get a +1 when they deserve it rather than YouTube style where its after every comment.

Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Fawkes.
  • Stavy
  • Stavy's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago #247 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: The Daily Drivel Thread.
I would expect much higher thresholds myself, as this is supposed to last us at least the ten years of the first mission...

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]