Sci-FI

More
3 years 8 months ago #565 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Sci-FI
No Darryl I have not seen Guardians of the Galaxy :)
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago #567 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Sci-FI
SteveC i just never got into Babylon 5 for some reason but DS9 that's different :-) it's Trek and i've enjoyed them all including 'Enterprise'

The Black Hole is just a whole lotta fun with a terrific dark ending.

Saturn 3, i remember seeing this as a young lad with my father and cough cough seeing farrah's !!!! embrassed the hell out me at the time :-) and yeah that robot was super creepy too.

2001 and now we're talking.

Forbidden Planet...WONDERFUL, how could i forget this!!! Professor Morebus and Robby!
He was a good guy but the power just got too much for him, beautifully photographed film and i have the beautifully embosed blu-ray that i would recommend to anyone and i am very lucky to also own a few original British f.o.h cards from this film.

Keep thinking Steve there's plenty more tv shows and movies to discuss here :-)

Darryl, it's a strange film that one (fantasic planet) it's 50/50 as to if you like it or not.

Stavy, Trek 2 you and me both but what a wonderful death scene & funeral (Kirk struggling to hold it togeather after all they'd been though)
'Galaxy Quest' another you've mentioned before and can completely agree with, great cast!
'They gonna have that on the Tour' :-) just purchased this on 3D blu Ray and it is AMAZING!!!
Keep listing Stavy i could read these comments forever.

Stavy i think Abi should be banned for even suggesting 'Howard the Duck' as one of the best :-)
Only joking Abs.

Daedalus...it's a long time since i've read any SF I'm afraid.

Palindrome Bob...Sanctuary, now there's one i'd forgotten about, missed the final season though.

Martin...Blakes 7 was to be remade by SKY but things broke down, shame as this is one that could work again.

Doug...Absoultely, you can watch and download some Wonderful Tv & Films from YouTube.
Search for the wonderful 'Persuaders' Tv Series and they have that in 720 HiDef would you believe, incredible!!!

GUARDIANS of the GALAXY :-) now we're talking FUN FUN FUN...Hooked on a Feeling (great feel good film that Darryl) i am Groot :-)
Rocket was hilarious, StarLord had a cool ship and there were cool locations in Space!
It was like a Long Lost (well done) Classic 1980's film had been rediscovered...LOVED IT!
The following user(s) said Thank You: SteveC, Abi
More
3 years 8 months ago #573 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Sci-FI
Daedalus, there is no way i can possibly begin to start a list of books.... let me put it this way...

I am typing this on my desktop in my home study.. A 13ft by 9ft room with a desk, a very large comfy swingy rocky chair, and floor to ceiling bookshelves on 3 sides... crammed to the brim with books... nearly all of them sci-fi, going back to my first books which I got aged 6, and a huige collection from the 'Golden Age' including nearly every Gollancz SF ever published. (anyone else remember those with the yellow dustjackets?) and also including practically everything you've listed... Plus all the Star Trek books ever published..and when i ran out of room on shelves, started piling up on small bits of unused floor... which have spilled out onto the landing, in the bedrooms, living room, kitchen...

bookworm? moi? you betcha ;)

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #576 by Abi
Abi replied the topic: Sci-FI
Stavy, your room is just like mine! Swap the sic-fi books for science non-fiction and we have identical study's :) I also have a pile of DVD's science related still in plastic wrappers which I keep forgetting to watch. My next mission is to read a book which has been recommended to me recently by a friend, called 'It's Only Rocket Science' by Lucy Rogers. After that I may try one of your recommendations :)
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Abi. Reason: Veering off topic!
More
3 years 8 months ago #610 by Palindrome Bob
Palindrome Bob replied the topic: Sci-FI
Books? That's on other shelves, but those are mostly fantasy.
I seem to have forgotten BSG in my list, both the original and the new one. There's the Star Wars movies too, of course. Just thought of Seaquest DSV.
More
3 years 8 months ago #612 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Sci-FI
Which reminds me of 'Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea' which I loved as a kid..

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]