Sci-FI

More
3 years 8 months ago #534 by Palindrome Bob
Palindrome Bob replied the topic: Sci-FI
My memory's a mess. Reading the replies in this thread I recognize many of them. Doesn't mean I could list them out of my head. Whilst I rarely remember the content of a series I watched when I was young, (yes, I'm that old already :P ) the title is the last to go. So, the last couple of years I've been buying DVD-boxes of those series/movies, if available. In no particular order (rummaging through my head, conjuring up images of the shelves those series are on at house, since I'm at work): Farscape, SG-1, SG: Atlantis, Firefly (+Serenity), Buffy, Blake's 7, Doctor Who (the new series, I know I watched episodes of the old series, but not which Doctor it was at that time), Torchwood, Thunderbirds, Sanctuary, Crusade, Babylon 5, Star Trek: DS9. Got Star Trek movies too, up-till the last one I think. Terminator: The Sarah Connor chronicles I have too and I'm pretty sure that picture I'm conjuring has several holes left.
  • Martin P
  • Martin P's Avatar Topic Author
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #539 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Sci-FI
A few people have mentioned Blakes 7 now, want to re watch them.

There was talk a few years back of a reboot. Sadly Terry Nation is no longer with us but I have a feeling Paul Darrow now owns the rights??

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
3 years 8 months ago #544 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Sci-FI

Martin P wrote: A few people have mentioned Blakes 7 now, want to re watch them.

There was talk a few years back of a reboot. Sadly Terry Nation is no longer with us but I have a feeling Paul Darrow now owns the rights??

I went off a few days ago and looked on Youtube and it has episodes of Blake's 7. Good quality too. One of the great things about the internet :)

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
  • Martin P
  • Martin P's Avatar Topic Author
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #545 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Sci-FI
Oh that's good to know Doug.

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
3 years 8 months ago #547 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Sci-FI

Martin P wrote: Oh that's good to know Doug.

Yep, just type 'blakes 7' in the Youtube Searchbar and a treasure trove awaits.

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
More
3 years 8 months ago #561 by Darryl James Cooper
Darryl James Cooper replied the topic: Sci-FI
Good call Stavy on Children of Men, SEVERELY underrated film and proves that Clive Owen can act...sometimes

Abi, since you are such a fan of Howard the Duck, did you see Guardians of the Galaxy?

"Some part of our being knows this is where we came from. We long to return, and we can, because the cosmos is also within us. We are made of star stuff. We are a way for the cosmos to know itself.”
Dr. Carl Sagan