Sci-FI

• Martin P
  • Martin P's Avatar Topic Author
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #272 by Martin P
Martin P created the topic: Sci-FI
I noticed in the introduction thread there were a lot of people that mentioned they were big sci-fi fans. So i thought it would be a nice idea to start a thread specifically to talk all things sci-fi.

For me I have always been a big Star Trek fan with my favourite being The Next Generation, closely followed by Deep Space 9. Always really enjoy Star Wars and am looking forward to the new films.

What sci-fi do you all like?

My other signature is much better than this one!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stavy
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #273 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: Sci-FI
I'm going to start this off with you Martin.............................. I have never seen a Star Wars film.
There I said it, Lets wait for the abuse and Karma figure sky rocket now. :dry:

@JP_Astronomy
  • Martin P
  • Martin P's Avatar Topic Author
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #274 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Sci-FI
Ha ha James. Are you sure?? Not even accidentally? I have never heard that said before by anyone!!

My other signature is much better than this one!
  • James Parker
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • Man...... I Love Science!
More
3 years 8 months ago #276 by James Parker
James Parker replied the topic: Sci-FI
100%
I know some of the characters, and I have watched a race in the Desert with a kid, Skywalker is it?
I tell you I'm clueless... I do need to watch them as I feel I am missing out!

@JP_Astronomy
More
3 years 8 months ago #280 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Sci-FI
Original trekkie here.. I first saw it as a kid, starting the same year as the first moon landing, and never looked back. I was a grown up when Next Gen came along, and my by then cynical self was not able to connect with the new characters the way my dreamer kid self did to the originals. Mr Spock was my first celebrity crush.

I have a mountain of SF books, and prefer Hard SF to Fantasy.. I don't mind the odd sword and sandal epic David Eddings style, but I'm really all about the tech. Have a huge collection of 'Golden Age' Sci-fi, by authors such as Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke, Bradbury, Dick, Pohl et.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
  • Alex
  • Passenger
  • Passenger
  • A space loving geologist!
More
3 years 8 months ago #287 by Alex
Alex replied the topic: Sci-FI
The newer Battlestar Galactica series will always be a favorite on TV.

As far as books go, I really enjoy most of the stuff published by Black Library, like the Horus Heresy, Gaunts Ghosts or Eisenhorn series, and if I'm not feeling so grimdark, a bit of Azimov or Haldeman doesn't go amiss, or even a one off like Tuf Voyaging from the now infamous G.R.R. Martin.
I'm more into the grand space opera end of things, and gotta get me some enormous space battles. :D

I highly, highly recommend the Foundation trilogy by Azimov. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Abi