Sci-FI

• Martin P
  • Martin P's Avatar Topic Author
  • What ever you do, don't press the button
More
3 years 8 months ago #379 by Martin P
Martin P replied the topic: Sci-FI
Stavy Blakes 7, another great series I used to really enjoy.

My other signature is much better than this one!
More
3 years 8 months ago #380 by Doug
Doug replied the topic: Sci-FI

Stavy wrote: I loved Lost in Space. Robbie the robot a spin off from the robot in Forbidden Planet. I never took to Dr Who, but loved things like Blakes 7 and Tomorrow People. Captain Scarlet, Firefox XL5, Stingray, Joe 90, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants. There was also Outer Limits

I considered Space 1999 to be more a documentary of how things were going to be, maybe even within my lifetime.

I forgot about Blakes 7. That was brilliant :)

Another one was Logan's Run.

Showing my age now ;)

Minnaloushe creeps through the grass,
From moonlit place to place,
The sacred moon overhead,
Has taken a new phase.
(The Cat and the Moon - William Butler Yeats)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stavy
  • Martin P
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #381 by Martin P
Showing my age too lol, Logan's Run was good. Anyone remember Space Cops? Think it only lasted one series on BBC2?

Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Martin P.
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #386 by Stavy
Stavy replied the topic: Sci-FI
Yes agree on Logan's Run too. I also used to watch the tv series of Planet of the Apes.

I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul. [/size]
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Stavy.
  • Martin P
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #391 by Martin P
It was Star Cops I was thinking about, well worth a watch.

Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Martin P.
  • Paul Conway
  • Commander
  • Commander
  • I LOVE this PLANET
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #395 by Paul Conway
Paul Conway replied the topic: Sci-FI
Mike...ah you've gone the films route too (i'll list my Top 200 soon, joking, although i could)

Your Top 10 is highly unusual with a number of films i would not have expected on it.

No 'Star Wars' or 'Star Trek' & no '2001', 'E.T.' or 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' or
'Interstellar' which i need to watch a good few more times yet.

I very much liked 'Contact' a sadly underrated and forgotten film i feel which is very cleverly done
with a super performance by Jodie Foster...might it be that this is how we find the tech to contact
those out there one day?

The only two i've not seen are 'Frequencies' & 'The Lego Movie', the few i found interesting choices were
'Moon' which does appear on many sci-fi fans list (i know it was supposed to be slow paced but it was just
a little too slow for me), Robots??? top 10??? this is a BIG surprise to me (ahead of 2001?)

"Klaatu Barada Nikto" is such a classic line for a wonderful film...this line was included in the
recent remake (which was entertaining but not a patch on this 1951 version) the line was again delievered
which some might not know? within a whole lot of noise!!! crazy! hide the most famous phrase from that film!

'Firefly' how could i forget that one!!! and 'Lost in Space' although like Martin i wasn't around at the
time they were originally shown...I caught the re-runs, some were ok (but i loved the ship and robot)

Fav trek episodes...WHAT!!! No "City on the Edge of Forever" or "Arena" or that two parter from ENTERPRISE
in which they vist the Mirror universe and board the old Enterprise? that was COOL.

Stavy...Land of the Giants (before my time again) but caught re-runs, those were fun and would make a great
film nowadays, Stingray, Time Tunnel, Captain Scarlett etc yeah all great telly.
Blakes Seven's Servalane (spelt wrong i'm sure) was very menacing for a woman on tv at the time and such
a deep voice (wonderful)
The Planet of the Apes tv Series was a big let down when compared to the films..."Damn them, damn them
all to hell" that ending in 1968 must have been awesome at the time on the big screen.
Last Edit: 3 years 8 months ago by Paul Conway.